MacUSBNotificationMBS Doesn't find devices

I am testing out MBS USB HiD toolkit. One thing though is that, when I open up the example file called MAC USB Notification and run it, it shows me my device with vendor id of 2047 and productid of 929.

So this code works :

m = new MyMacUSBNotificationMBS

But this code returns nothing

m = new MyMacUSBNotificationMBS(2047, 929)

Not to be blunt… but are you sure it SHOULD be finding that particular set of ID’s?
have you tried other cases, or did you just enter that code as immediately assume it was broken?

My first reflex would be to contact MonkeyBread Software support.

Christian Schmitz will probably spot this thread, though.

Also, which example project are you referring to ? There are several in the plugin package…
Is it the one posted in example-usb-macusbnotification.html ?

I may need to test it here. Could be a bug of course.

Like vendor/product with mixed order. But I think it used to work.

I think there is a problem with the whole usb stack (or with me, I am ok with that being pointed out).

In another example, that just lists all the usb hid devices I have into a listbox. I made a discovery.
Apple vendor id is 5AC. So I need to f.ex. change the 5AC into an integer value as that is the parameters in the constructor of MacUSBNotificationMBS.

Can anyone help me with translating 5AC into integers ? A silly question here, should the constructor not accept strings and do the translation automatically ?

[quote=259458:@Trausti Thor Johannsson]I think there is a problem with the whole usb stack (or with me, I am ok with that being pointed out).

In another example, that just lists all the usb hid devices I have into a listbox. I made a discovery.
Apple vendor id is 5AC. So I need to f.ex. change the 5AC into an integer value as that is the parameters in the constructor of MacUSBNotificationMBS.

Can anyone help me with translating 5AC into integers ? A silly question here, should the constructor not accept strings and do the translation automatically ?[/quote]

&h5AC

Should be equal to an integer value

Or you can use:

Val("&h5AC")

It would return an integer value.

@Derk Jochems Thanks. I will try this

works for me:

// look only for device with this vendor/product ID
dim m as new MyMacUSBNotificationMBS(&h5AC, &h263)

So I bet you just passed the number as decimal instead of hex.

So often as it happens, @Christian Schmitz you are completely correct.

Thanks.