MacOSLib and Latest Xojo

Hi,
Can someone please confirm if the latest version of MacOSLib works fine with the latest version of Xojo?
An old project I just opened (containing an older version of MacOSLib) has numerous errors when opened in the latest Xojo.

Thank you all in advance.

I would adjourn the old project with the current version of MacOSLib before opening it with the latest version of Xojo.
In fact I noticed that opening an old project containing an old version of macosLib, deleting the old version of macosLib, and pasting into it the current version may create problems. If I recall right, this happens when, in the new version of Xojo, Retina is ON in the IDE.
Apart from these caveats, I’m using macosLib without noticing any practical problem; but of course, if you run Analyze Project you sure get a lot of warnings.

I just tried to open the Xojo project file which was in the macoslib download, and even that has errors and will not run.
I guess I need to delete macoslib.

Thanks anyway.

[quote=268661:@Richard Summers]I just tried to open the Xojo project file which was in the macoslib download, and even that has errors and will not run.
I guess I need to delete macoslib.[/quote]
Don’t be so defeatist, Richard. Try it with only the bits that you actually use, not the whole library.

Is there actually any way to pick only certain parts of MacOSlib and remove the rest?

I tried to do it several times, but got only weird error messages, as if each tiniest part depended on every other. That’s why I decided to stay away from MacOSlib and used different solutions (declares from this forum, my own "fake” window overlays, MBS plugins…) – no way I am importing into my project a hudge bunch of code that I don’t really understand and therefore cannot fix if anything stops working.

I recently started the sister library of iOSLib which I announced long ago.
Not much documentation yet, and just started on controls, but for the most stuff the iOSLib documentation and the method descriptions should work. Only this time I use CGFloats and a strict hierarchy and mostly independency of classes – which means besides the core folder you can throw out anything, as long as you don’t ruin the class hierarchy.
Due to a current bug in Xojo (probably) CoreBluetooth doesn’t work on 64Bit yet.

If you like to contribute (preferably with the same structure I use, which means external declares which are shifted to the framework module if more than one class uses them, using the “Apple” Naming system so that it stays compatible with iOSLib in most respects and in case of controls by using the wrapper structure that currently exists for OSXLibCanvas (a Subclass with a Paint event will follow)): Feel free to do so!

https://github.com/UBogun/OSXLib

Wasn’t Charles Yeoman going to redo it?

• karen

At one time he did say that
I’m not sure whether that has progressed or not