macOS Ventura and Xojo 2019r1.1

Reportedly, Ventura 13.1 is nearing release. I’m thinking about taking the plunge at that point and upgrading my main work Mac (Intel).

I need to use Xojo 2019r1.1.

I know there’s a trick one needs to do to fix a broken link in AppKit.tbd
See Big Sur prise? Bug Surprise? - #38 by Lars_Brennicke

Question: is anyone running 2019r1.1 on Ventura 13.0 or 13.1 (beta) without problems?

May I suggest to wait with a move to Ventura until the dylib crashing bug is fixed by Apple?

1 Like
  • 13.1 is out now - does it fix the dylib bug?
  • does the dylib bug affect apps compiled with Xojo or only the Xojo IDE?
  • does the dylib bug affect old Xojo versions?

The last macOS beta didn’t. Will install the release versions soon and see if that works.

1 Like

I’ve installed it but I’ve never suffered from the problem, thanks be to the gods, whoever they may be.

So, not only does 2019r1.1 work fine on Ventura 13,1, the IDE and built apps are not affected by this bug that crashes the IDE and built apps https://tracker.xojo.com/xojoinc/xojo/-/issues/71254 when you upgrade to Ventura 13.2 (a)

I’ve never tried 13.2 (or a) and I’m not using 2019r1.1. I’ve just get confused with a different thread talking about crashing on 13.1. My apologies.

I completed the upgrade of my main Macbook from 12.6 to Ventura 13.1.
So far so good.

The only issue using Xojo 2019r1.1 I have encountered, so far, is that IDE Scripting can fail. There is an easy fix, see PropertyValue(“App.MacOSXAppName”) doesn't update (Ventura, Xojo 2019R1.1) - #2 by Mike_D

Will Xojo 2019r1.1 install and run fine on Ventura? Must I do anything else such as moving or modifying some files to get it working normal?

Install yes, Run: for Web yes, for Desktop no since Big Sur. There is some information about patching 2019r1.1 with a couple of files from 2019r3.2 somewhere that may help. I use only Web with 2019r1.1 so I’m not sure if this still applies to newer versions of macOS.