MacBook with or without a wired Mouse

Xojo 2014 R 3.2
MacOS X Mavericks 10.9.4

In a test project I have a simple HTMLViewer and on top a Generic Button.

Normally, when I run this project and load an URL in the Viewer, I can scroll down in the HTMLViewer and the Generic Button is there where it should be and looks like it should be.

Normally means, this happens on a iMac with a wired mouse.

If I run the same project on a MacBook Pro without a mouse and scroll down with my two fingers on the trackpad, the Generic Button moves up and down and flickers.

But wait. If I then connect a wired mouse on the MacBook Pro and do not move the mouse but scroll down again with my two fingers - the Generic Button is where it should be and looks like it should be.

After disconnecting the mouse, all the flicker is back.

Can someone explain this to me?

Sample Project:

For me on an iMac with a wired mouse and a MagicPad, the button jumps all the time, no matter if a mouse is connected or not or what I use for scrolling …

Hmmm … interesting. Thank you Ulrich for your response.

Is it a bad idea to put a control in top of another (scrollable) control generally?

[quote=171023:@Wolfgang Meier]Hmmm … interesting. Thank you Ulrich for your response.

Is it a bad idea to put a control in top of another (scrollable) control generally?[/quote]

A button over anything animated or scrolled will flicker.

If you use the WebKit renderer on Windows (incase this is a cross-platform application) it floats on top of all controls so your button would actually be hidden from view…

@ Michel. A test app is running 10 month on some iMacs without flicker or jumping. But ok - your answer appears to be evident.

@ Shao. Valuable information. Thanks.