Mac OS HTMLViewer Broken?

Can anyone answer why the included HTML will render on both Windows and Linux using the HTMLViewer? Yet, in the Mac OS X HTMLViewer no javascripts render, only the form with textarea? It should render, but… it’s not.

<html>
<head>
<script type="text/javascript" src="http://tinymce.cachefly.net/4.2/tinymce.min.js"></script>
<script type="text/javascript">
tinymce.init({
    selector: "textarea",
    plugins: [
        "advlist autolink lists link image charmap print preview anchor",
        "searchreplace visualblocks code fullscreen",
        "insertdatetime media table contextmenu paste"
    ],
    toolbar: "insertfile undo redo | styleselect | bold italic | alignleft aligncenter alignright alignjustify | bullist numlist outdent indent | link image"
});
</script>
</head>
<body>
<form method="post" action="somepage">
    <textarea name="content" style="width:100%"></textarea>
</form>
</body>
</html>

It works here. I get TinyMCE as expected when I LoadPage the code you posted.

works here

Hmmm. Perhaps I’ll try clearing the Safari cache and see if that don’t clear up the issue. Thanks for trying it out guys!

In case someone else ever happens across this issue. I cleared the cache, and it didn’t fix the problem. So, I rebooted, and the problem disappeared. I guess clearing the cache and restarting fixed the issue.

Again thanks for trying it out guys!

The Safari cache is only for Safari…

[quote=209119:@Matthew Combatti]In case someone else ever happens across this issue. I cleared the cache, and it didn’t fix the problem. So, I rebooted, and the problem disappeared. I guess clearing the cache and restarting fixed the issue.

Again thanks for trying it out guys![/quote]
Rather sadly, since Yosemite; us Mac guys are having to get used to rebooting on a regular basis :frowning:

I have an uptime of 39 days, and I think that is because of the system update otherwise it would be much longer…

Lucky you, I had to reboot a couple of days ago after an update to Photoshop knocked out my Launch Services database. Couldn’t open any image files in anything other than Photoshop.

@Sam: it’s just that Yosemite hates you right back. It knows that there is no love. Usually I only have to reboot for system updates. And if a DVD get’s stuck.

There’s certainly something wrong with my system, once again Photoshop has commandeered image files, it’s even changed all the UTIs so my system doesn’t recognize them as images any more. Only this time, a reboot didn’t help. Time to take it up with Apple and Adobe.

I use a system preference pane that helps me manage what apps own what files. See if it helps you at all.
RCDefaultApp

Thanks Tim,
I adjusted in the prefs pane, and it still opens in Photoshop. I think I might have to go and hack Photoshop.

Steve is doing flips in the grave over yosemite I’m sure. After bringing my laptop to a mac tech and having it checked for bad ram because of bad allocations and cryptic characters randomly appearing, it was determined the ram was fine… it’s just yosemite. (Worked great before the yosemite update to 10.10.5) Guess it’s been reported numerous times. I’ll take a screen shot later to show the odd icons that appear when viewing them in finder as tiles and after moving the window around really fast… once the window comes to a stand still, the icons are not even recognizable. On my touch screen i tend to multi task between many windows with both hands so windows move around quite a bit… that’s how that bug was first found by myself. Now i can replicate it at will. Windows is doing away with layered windows because of the over/delay paint bug that’s existed since 95,… well it seems as Microsoft eliminates the bug, Apple has adopted it :-p I miss the days when a computer had a problem you just gave it a little tough love via a good whack, and it smartened up; now they seem to have free will and do as they please, when they please. :-p

The bug only effects application icons, not the default icons built-in to Yosemite for filetypes :-/

Double layering of Xojo message windows bug… (placed window over texteditor so the issue becomes more apparent and raised a nilobjectexception to force the window to display). Regular windows (except box style) don’t display this behavior. Wishing to downgrade to 10.10.1 before the bugs started appearing in the Yosemite update. :-/

Come back to 10.9 the weather is wonderful over here.

For a developer, it is necessary to test under the system Apple is currently distributing and make darn sure the app runs as advertised. Unfortunately, that means Yosemite today, and soon El Capitan. About the latter, I should report that it seems less dangerous than the previous rock.