Mac App Store - reviewers no longer respond to questions.

If they were formerly a person what are they now ? :stuck_out_tongue:

Duh
 its much quicker to say “no”
 not like Apple is losing any money over this
 a few hundred apps out of a BILLION
 chump change to the likes of them

But they spin it by saying “review times are now shorter”

This will not help (immediately) the op nor answer his question, but…

What if a group of developer put in place an alternate store (Alt Store, ©Ÿ™) that will help sales, open to their applications (of course) and all good applications (applications that help that store and add the best possible applications to set a good reputation to the store and to the other applications proposed in that store ?

Yes, the Alt Store have the best of the best applications present on the whole www…

Yes ! It is good to dream at wake up time :wink:

I had my content of rejections, but overall, I have to admit the reviewers are an excellent barrier against releasing something that still has bugs. To me, they are the ultimate beta tester, or should I say FC testers.

Emile, this already exists : http://hack-store.com/ but as often, this thing developed by some Russian guy is not an online store, it is merely a free and shareware depository.

In my experience, the try-before-you-buy market has lost its momentum a while ago.

You wrote it ! Not what I was telling… I was writing about a collaborative effort from a group of developers with quality / safety in mind.

But it was a simple early morning dream.

As far as I’m aware it wasn’t a tech question, it was rejected under the category of ‘Performance’; but the message was that it requires Xcode.

I explained to the reviewer that for some functions it does, and others it doesn’t, and asked what should I do next.

I think I understand the response.

Maybe give it another try with a detailed explanation for the Review Team in the “Information for App-Review” Section AND in the App Description for your customers?

This helped in case of my mySalesAgent f.e.
In general they don’t like Apps that use information taken from the App Store itself, but i explained that i use the official Search API which was made for this purpose and that i do not redistribute these information outside the App Store. With this information added to my Information for App-Review, i raised a complaint and a Senior took a look at my Review and approved it once and for all.

In my experience, asking the reviewer for any response has little chance of getting one. The reviewer follows orders from Apple and is not authorized to get into any kind of communication with you other than clarifying details on the rejection, based on the written submission rules. What works, however, is to guide the reviewer with explanations she/he’s not able to verify himself, but is often willing to trust, if they’re not obviously incorrect.

So, if you believe that he’s misunderstanding something, give her/him an explanation (or justification) that allows him to accept your submission. Worked for me several times.