Mac App Store - reviewers no longer respond to questions.

Is anyone else having this issue, whereby your application is rejected, with a vague reason and any questions to clarify what we should do are simply ignored?

I submitted a standalone DMG Signer to the App Store a month ago, it was rejected instantly because it requires Xcode to be able to code sign DMG files. I asked 3 times (very very politely) over the course of two weeks what I should do in order to proceed, and never heard a peep.

I then altered the app description to show that the app only requires Xcode to sign DMGs, viewing the code signature of DMGs doesn’t and resubmitted. Within 24 hours it was rejected again for the same reason. Since then two weeks have passed and I’ve asked twice, what should I do about it.

Is this the new norm, or have I pissed someone off and now been blacklisted?

When I get the time I’ll prepare a version to ship on my own site.

My last update for mySalesAgent was sitting for 1 Week waiting for review. I asked them why, but also did not receive an answer.

Hollyday time :wink: or new politics… :frowning:

I had the same experience a week ago. Rejection was simply a quote of two paragraphs of their policy, so I asked more details in order to fix but never received any reply. On the other hand, reviewing time is amazingly fast.

But i am fine with this, because i often have to argue with them multiple times for a single update until they say “Ok, go on…”. They don’t like Apps like these in the Mac App Store. :wink:

Sadly it seems like what I feared; they’ve reduced the review time, by no longer responding to developers.[quote=282190:@Sascha S]But i am fine with this, because i often have to argue with them multiple times for a single update until they say “Ok, go on…”. They don’t like Apps like these in the Mac App Store. ;)[/quote]
Seems they don’t like apps in their App Store anymore…

Or apps that aren’t build with Xcode.

Or this kind of applications ?

At this rate of things… hmm…they may well soon come out with a Made with iPad logo.

Learn serious code on your iPad

I don’t think it is Xojo applications per se.

[quote=282206:@Cho Sing Kum]At this rate of things… hmm…they may well soon come out with a Made with iPad logo.
Learn serious code on your iPad[/quote]
After the rumor that Apple might be abandoning the Mac in favor of the iPad… I do wonder how real it is!

Not this kind of kind :wink:

A svg art creation application ?
(if none already exists).

Have you written a letter to tcook@apple.com?

Edit: Updated email to be his real one.

Not recently, but in the past I have. You’re quite right, it has worked in the past in getting information out of the App Store team.

I’ll give it a go in a couple of days.

Revieers are users, not devs. Asking them about soöving a dev question does not work. You need to use othwr channels

Asking them more details about issues they have encountered is within the competence of users. We do that everyday with customers.

Michel, what is your point? The OP asked why and I suppöied an answer. What you say does not explain why he did not get a reply

Thomas, while your explanation has some merit, ie reviewers are not developers, it does not explain why they do not reply to simple questions any user is able to answer. Something else has changed in their policy.

No one even understand Apple plans, ever. So, trying is useless and a waste of time.

Think different may lead to some understanding.

Is there’s a way to know what is/are the last application(s) (to date) that arise on the App Store ?

Knowing that may lead to some light…

1. I know a former person who worked as a reviewer, so I have a bit more insider info that most here, I guess.
  2. They are trained and paid to review apps according to a checklist, nothing more.
  3. The fact that the review times have been drastically increased recently may also have put more pressure on the individual to not waste time on things they’re not paid to do.
  4. I had quite a few times not gotten any answers either until I learned that these reviewers are not geeks and may not have any interest in helping you out, after which I changed my expectations and the way I communicated with them, giving me slightly better results.