LongVersion

Odd one: The app has a LongVersion property
I’ve clearly set it at some point, but I cannot see in the IDE it or amend it now… how is it done?

If I search for LongVersion, it appears in the find window as property name of my app.
But clicking on that doesnt take me to anywhere I can amend it or see the value

Xojo 2015 R3

It is in Build Settings.

…thats what I thought… however, what it says there is not what app.Longversion is reporting in code.

me.caption = app.longversion

The value that is being reported doesn’t appear in any inspector, and not in a search.
Very odd

[quote=276337:@Jeff Tullin]…thats what I thought… however, what it says there is not what app.Longversion is reporting in code.

The value that is being reported doesn’t appear in any inspector, and not in a search.
Very odd[/quote]

Looks somewhat like an effect i once had with 2015R3: <https://xojo.com/issue/41415>

[quote=276337:@Jeff Tullin]…thats what I thought… however, what it says there is not what app.Longversion is reporting in code.

Very odd[/quote]
Check your build steps. It may be set in there too.

Yup.
Its in the script generated by App Wrapper, which is untouched for a while.
The line appears to be:

plistEntries.append "NSHumanReadableCopyright …

You’re not supposed to manually edit the App Wrapper script because it is re-generated by changing settings.

Remove this line from your AppWrapper settings to turn that change off. :slight_smile:

Interesting.
Because in APP WRAPPER, the value is correct.
In the build step, it isnt, and although the script says 'dont amend me because App Wrapper will overwrite - it doesnt/didnt.

I have it fixed now, and I have no complaints here - App Wrapper still rocks.

The oddity is ‘why does the humanreadable copyright’ appear as app.Longversion in a Xojo app when they are not the same thing ?
Probably thats the underlying issue in the feedback case (which I cant open)

I see it in shared build settings

But I’m using Windows IDE.

[quote=276433:@Jeff Tullin]The oddity is ‘why does the humanreadable copyright’ appear as app.Longversion in a Xojo app when they are not the same thing ?
Probably thats the underlying issue in the feedback case (which I cant open)[/quote]
Because (I’m not passing the buck here) Xojo writes the long version string into the NSHumanReadable value of the plist. They used to use the CFBundleGetInfoString, which Apple have since deprecated and Apple now advise writing that information into the what’s basically the field designated for copyright information?

It is my understanding that a version information string should be in the “Short Version” Xojo field.

Also it’s worth noting that if you ship on the App Store, Apple expect a copy right to be in the copyright field.