LockedIDEPosition replaces Style

[quote=118379:@Greg O’Lone]Heh. I went back and looked at the case and my “Apology” was marked private :stuck_out_tongue: I’ve fixed that so everyone can see it.
[/quote]

A shame I couldn’t bill you for the hours on that. Might as well make the private note you were replying to public as well so the apology has context.

I guess no retraction of your statement above is coming. I’m disappointed but not terribly surprised. I guess this is just part of the minefield of supporting Xojo these days. I wish I could remember why I ever bothered.

I didn’t say that. I’ve edited my statement, but you and I still need to get to the bottom of this. The fact that this happens only with your WELabel control still seems suspect to me.

Can someone please post a sample project + steps (brads seem sufficient) for me to look at ?

[quote=118394:@Greg O’Lone]I didn’t say that. I’ve edited my statement, but you and I still need to get to the bottom of this. The fact that this happens only with your WELabel control still seems suspect to me.
[/quote]

What mean “we”? Web Essentials is as vanilla and standard a code library as you’ll ever find shipped in this little marketplace. It always has been. It has exposed a few complicated copy/paste issues in the IDE over the past couple years. When I run into them, I report them. So now, what you’re basically telling me, is that to have a third party product here that isn’t the instant target for blameshifting, I have to spend time helping you track down your bugs? Uh, no.

PRIVATELY if you do. If it contains Web Essentials, it contains licensed code.

IF someone … anyone … .wants this issue solved I need an example & steps - please
Or you can just keep bitching
Your choice

And I’ll wait for a suitable bug report - muting this thread

[quote=118416:@Norman Palardy]IF someone … anyone … .wants this issue solved I need an example & steps - please
Or you can just keep bitching
Your choice

And I’ll wait for a suitable bug report - muting this thread
[/quote]

I don’t have a replicable problem! Otherwise it would have been reported already. By me! I just don’t like my stuff suspected and blamed immediately when our common customers run into these. Why is this even controversial?!?

<https://xojo.com/issue/34306>

Thank you for finding that Norman.

[quote=118311:@Marco Puppo]Do you use Web Essentials Widgets ?

If i use this plugins and change the type of a WebLabel to WeLabel, the IDE shows LockedIDEPosition instead of Style.
This happens on Xojo 2014r2.[/quote]

I do use WCC but this apears on several controls, even just containercontrols

It seems indeed to be this bug. The only additional information i have, is that it only appears on items after saving & opening the project.

I do not use webcustoms so WELabel control is not involved. I do use WebControlWrapper, which seems to be involved since the bug seems to be appearing in a WebControlWrapper subclass and containers containing WebControlWrapper subclass.

If you enjoyed this thread, please by a “Blame Brad” T-shirt at the tables at the exit. Profits go to feeding my dogs.

smh.

Here’s the criteria that we know of (and it had nothing to do with WebEssential controls, sorry Brad.):

• Xojo 2014r2
  • Binary projects
  • Web projects
  • WebControl instances where the Super has been changed manually.

This bug has been fixed for 2014r2.1, which should be available in about a week.

(Shocking.)