Listbox not displaying rows

In RS2012r2.1 my Listbox displays rows as expected. Using the new Xojo2013r3.3 no rows are displayed with absolutely no change to the source code.

As a test, I used a msgbox to show the Listbox.Listcount property after my populate routine finished, and it showed zero rows.

Bizarre. That’s the only word I would describe it.

BTW, I’m subclassing the Listbox using Bens Listbox Extras v1.4, again with no problem on RS2012r2.1.

Has anybody else had this problem?

Cheers
Grant

Not here.

Did you try code from the docs ?

this for example (from http://documentation.xojo.com/index.php/ListBox):

[code]ListBox1.ColumnCount=3

ListBox1.HasHeading=True
ListBox1.Heading(0)=“Name”
ListBox1.Heading(1)=“Phone”
ListBox1.Heading(2)=“Email”

ListBox1.AddRow “Milton”
ListBox1.Cell(ListBox1.LastIndex,1)=“555-2212”
ListBox1.Cell(ListBox1.LastIndex,2)=“milt@fredonia.com”[/code]

So, you will know that is is your code that gave troubles, no bug from Xojo.

[quote=50106:@Grant Singleton]In RS2012r2.1 my Listbox displays rows as expected. Using the new Xojo2013r3.3 no rows are displayed with absolutely no change to the source code.

As a test, I used a msgbox to show the Listbox.Listcount property after my populate routine finished, and it showed zero rows.

Bizarre. That’s the only word I would describe it.

BTW, I’m subclassing the Listbox using Bens Listbox Extras v1.4, again with no problem on RS2012r2.1.
[/quote]

I don’t know Ben’s classes - but one thing that comes to my mind: As of Xojo, updating the UI from a thread is prohibited (this constraint is being enforced and will throw an exception). If the classes use threads, Ben could catch those exceptions in his classes somewhere and just abort filling the listbox. Get in touch with him.

Grant should be expecting the app’s exception to be caught without writing code to do that, I think.