ListBox No Style Default Text Alignment wrong on Xojo 2017R2.1

Hello Guys ,

It seems that there is something wrong with the List Boxes in the new update.

Just Dropping a ListBox on the web page without putting any css or styles it messes up the text alignment on the cells. Here is a snapshot showing that .

It is like they have an offset and it grows more on the cells from the right , so more cells you have more off it goes

Hello,
I did a test and I do not see this problem (OS X 10.11.6, Non-Retina screen, Xojo 2017 R2.1, tested with Safari and Firefox).
Maybe you could provide more detail about the system you are seeing this?

[quote=350691:@Christian Mézes]Hello,
I did a test and I do not see this problem (OS X 10.11.6, Non-Retina screen, Xojo 2017 R2.1, tested with Safari and Firefox).
Maybe you could provide more detail about the system you are seeing this?[/quote]
Hello Christian,

OSX Sierra 10.12.6 , safari and chrome

Hello,
I am using the WebListBox in my projects but everything seems to be fine.

I created a new project and put only this code in the „Shown“-event of the WebListBox:

[code]dim i as Integer
dim j as Integer
dim r as new Random

Me.HasHeading = TRUE
Me.ColumnCount = 20

For i = 0 to (Me.ColumnCount - 1)
Me.ColumnWidth(i) = “200”
Me.Heading(i) = "Test " + i.ToText
Next

For j = 0 to 20
Me.AddRow("")
For i = 0 to (Me.ColumnCount - 1)
Me.Cell(j, i) = r.InRange(1, 1000).ToText
Next
Next[/code]

On OS X 10.11.6 and also Windows 7 (with Internet Explorer 11 und current Firefox) the result looks fine (see screenshots) - so I can’t reproduce the problem.
Maybe some others can test if the problem occurs on their computers or maybe you can create a new case in „Feedback“ with an example project that displays the problem…

Greetings,
Christian

This issue can occur if you use percentage widths for columns rather than actual pixel values.

Hi Tim,

Well i guess this is my case as im using percentage so, being a web app its very hard to estimate the size of it as it`s dynamic, what would be the best way to handle that ?

Thanks.

[quote=350859:@Aurelian Negrea]Hi Tim,

Well i guess this is my case as im using percentage so, being a web app its very hard to estimate the size of it as it`s dynamic, what would be the best way to handle that ?

Thanks.[/quote]
First of all, it’s best to not have a mix of pixels, percentages and *. Ultimately * is recalculated as pixels.