listbox hierarchical database

Salve, qualcuno saprebbe dirmi per favore come posso far interagire un database esistente con listbox hierarchical?
ho una tabella di nome Alunni con colonne nome e data:
Alunni(nome VARCHAR, data DATE)
nella tabella del database i dati sono memorizzati nel seguente modo:
Mario 01/05/2013
Mario 03/05/2013
Mario 15/07/2013
Piero 01/05/2013

Vorrei disporli nel seguente modo nella listbox hierarchical:
Mario
01/05/2013
03/05/2013
15/07/2013
Piero
01/05/2013

ringrazio anticipatamente!

Windows uses plus and minus signs to indicate disclosure; Macintosh and Linux use disclosure triangles. To display these widgets, set the set the Hierarchical property of the ListBox to True in the Properties pane.
The following code, which is in the ListBox’s Open event handler, populates the hierarchy: The s1 string contains the parent level and sub1 contains the elements that are nested within each of s1’s elements. It is a list of comma-delimited lists, with each list delimited by semicolons.The elements of sub1 are initially hidden because they are stored in a hidden column.
Dim i, u as Integer
Dim s1,sub1 as String
Me.columnwidths=“150,0”
s1=“Michigan,Ohio,Minnesota”
sub1=“Grand Blanc,Bad Axe,Flint,Benton Harbor,Detroit;Cleveland,Columbus,Akron,Pleasantville;St. Paul,Frostbite Falls”
u=CountFields(s1,",")
For i=1 to u
If NthField(sub1,";",i)<> “” then
Me.AddFolder “”
Me.Cell(i-1,1)=NthField(sub1,";",i)
End if
Me.Cell(i-1,0)=NthField(s1,",",i)
Next
Me.ColumnCount=1

Note that the AddFolder method, rather than AddRow, is used to add the State names.
The following line of code in the DoubleClick event handler toggles the expanded state of the row that was double-clicked:
Me.expanded(Me.listindex)=Not Me.expanded(Me.listindex)