Linker Error

An iOS project that runs fine in debugger gives me a linker error when I try to build. How can I get information on what is causing the error?

Look in Console, there is generally an error message written when linking fails.

Under what identifier? I expected something like myProject.build or Xojo but couldn’t find any entries.

Oh, found it. Any hints on the meaning of this?:

[quote]07.04.15 16:32:22,812 Xojo[250]: Undefined symbols for architecture armv7:
“_RuntimeUnlockString”, referenced from:
_iOSLibCAKeyframeAnimation.RotationMode.Get%i4<iOSLibCAKeyframeAnimation.RotationModes>%oi4 in iOSLibCAKeyframeAnimation.o
“_StringFromCFString”, referenced from:
_iOSLibCAKeyframeAnimation.RotationMode.Get%i4<iOSLibCAKeyframeAnimation.RotationModes>%oi4 in iOSLibCAKeyframeAnimation.o
“_RuntimeStringCompare”, referenced from:
ld: symbol(s) not found for architecture armv7
[/quote]

This is a known bug that Jason King filed (38755 - Comparing a text literal to a CFStringRef causes link errors). The gist of things is that comparing a CFStringRef directly to a text literal is broken, so you should put the CFStringRef in a Text and compare against that.

Thanks, Joe, and thanks Jason too! I just wanted to edit and add the answer myself (I had been so intelligent to only search for threads relatied to “linker” but not to “link” …) but you’ve been faster.

Yes, everything’s fine now, it builds!