License starts when...

I took a year off and I let the license expire. I’d like to restart using xojo in a few weeks. If I buy a license today taking advantage of the programmer’s day offer, can I start it when I want or it starts from now mandatorily?

Whenever I have bought new (or renewed) after a gap, the year starts at date of sale. In fact renewed my Pro last night and it started the year then. (which I’m ok with).

Licensing questions are best answered by customer service: hello@xojo.com

20% of a year is about 2.5 months.
If I restart developing in two month I’m always in gain :slight_smile:

The one year license is only about free updates. After that year, Xojo still builds executable forever.

Michael, you make me think that maybe I don’t need to buy a new license at this point.
I can update to Xojo 2016r1.1 (I’m at 2015r4.1 now) with my old license and postpone further upgrade.

You can only use versions that released when your license is active. Once you are past the expiry date you can carry on using that last version forever but no new versions.

In my case, I expired two days after 2016r2 was released. I was able to carry on using it (as well as the incremental 2016r2.1) but I would NOT have been able to use 2016r3 when that comes out. I wasn’t planning to upgrade for a while but carpe diem :slight_smile: and I did.

[quote=286623:@Stefano Lupparelli]Michael, you make me think that maybe I don’t need to buy a new license at this point.
I can update to Xojo 2016r1.1 (I’m at 2015r4.1 now) with my old license and postpone further upgrade.[/quote]

You can still download all updates, and try each new version as they come along, to see if they are worth the money.

About 2016R1.1 and 2.1, they offer HiDPI support, which 2015R4.1 don’t have. Make sure you read VCDistribuable.pdf in the Documents folder, as these new versions need additional stuff.

For now what I have it suits my needs. I see that the new release introduce an enhanced version of iOS tables. I’ll upgrade when I start to develop for iOS.
Thank you all.

Doh! I had forgotten about that. Yes you can try.

Yes, for me too, the license started at buy time (VISA Card), even if it tooks weeks for me to be able to set the license. I even wrote a Feedback BUG Report against the black (schwarz !) license schema installation (that I still do not understand, but I do not care: I know ow to deal with it).

Weird !