license question

Extremely easy.

Again, that’s not clear.
For me, also a non-native english speaker, an “installation” is the fact that Xojo is put inside the “/Applications” folder and can be launched. That still refers to “a machine”, and I doubt the english wording means otherwise.

To be clear - Xojo licenses are per developer. No one else can use any activations of the your license.

The license is available here for you to refer to anytime here. I have also added this information to the feature comparison chart in the store.

[quote=476319:@Arnaud Nicolet]Again, that’s not clear.
For me, also a non-native english speaker, an “installation” is the fact that Xojo is put inside the “/Applications” folder and can be launched. That still refers to “a machine”, and I doubt the english wording means otherwise.[/quote]
You are correct. I didn’t install again for the second user on my Mac.

I don’t know if there is a 100% clear way to say it without a long explanation. Something like:
Xojo Desktop license includes 2 activations to build applications, you need 1 activation for each computer and user account, for example, 2 computers with 1 user each - 2 activations, 1 computer with 2 user accounts - 2 activations.

The activation is boot related, not hardware (computer) related.

So, install a boot volume in a 1TB (or larger) exernal SSD and boot where you want everywhere) on this SSD.

[quote=476322:@Dana Brown]To be clear - Xojo licenses are per developer. No one else can use any activations of the your license.

The license is available here for you to refer to anytime here. I have also added this information to the feature comparison chart in the store.[/quote]
When I said that I have 2 users on my Mac is not that different person is using my computer, I have a personal profile and a work profile. Sorry if that was misunderstood by my post.

@Dana Brown the linked page needs a little editing, after the “With the understanding that:” I see the first and second bullet point with the same information and bullet point 5 is missing the first letter “Y”

I figured that, but I just wanted to be clear in case I was wrong.

@Dana Brown thank you for updating the page, one more little thing, can you change:

to

For any requests for changes to the EULA please submit a feature request in Feedback.

I searched Feedback and there is already a case about this: <https://xojo.com/issue/52263>
It is marked as Fixed but is waiting for Verification.

Thanks Dana, I was in the same position as Alberto, I have a User account for work and another one for personal so theoretically it is same pc same user but let’s say different environments . so I guess your Computer definition is 1 Hardware pc and one single user for that pc so in the end it’s more a user license than a pc license, now it’s more clear.
Thanks.