Layouting About-Window

Hi,

i want to add an about-window to my app, managed it (thanks to an older poste here) to place it in the mac application menu but now i wonder which control xojo itself uses to place graphic and text in different sizes in the about box.

Is it a canvas?

Michael

I wrote an article for the xDev magazine explaining how to display and customise the Apple About Box. I can’t recall which issue it is, so you may need to look a couple of past issues.

Just checked for you, it’s edition 11.6 http://xdevmag.com

[quote=122418:@Michael Bzdega]Hi,

i want to add an about-window to my app, managed it (thanks to an older poste here) to place it in the mac application menu but now i wonder which control xojo itself uses to place graphic and text in different sizes in the about box.

Is it a canvas?[/quote]

With the about menu handler you can show any kind of window. It is easy to create a small window with on it canvas containing images and labels containing text. Then in the menu handler you go show.myaboutwindowname.

There’s a clipping somewhere in the forum to bring up the standard Mac about window.

Xojo itself doesn’t do anything for the standard Mac one, it’s built in. It uses whatever your Info.plist says is the main application icon, copyright, and version. If you add a Credits.rtf or Credits.html that will shop up as well.

For cross-platform-ness I opted not to use the Mac about window, and I designed one to mimic the one from Adium, and it looks very nice.

Actually, just found that clipping. Mac only though.

[code]Declare Function NSClassFromString Lib “Cocoa” (aClassName As CFStringRef) As Ptr
Declare Function SharedApplication Lib “Cocoa” Selector “sharedApplication” (receiver As Ptr) As Ptr

Dim sA As Ptr = NSClassFromString(“NSApplication”)
sA = SharedApplication(sA)

Declare Sub OrderFrontStandardAboutPanel Lib “Cocoa” Selector “orderFrontStandardAboutPanel:” _
(receiver As Ptr, iD As Ptr)

OrderFrontStandardAboutPanel(sA, Nil)[/code]

shop up…
*show up.

It is cold this morning.

Hi all,

i realized my needs know by using a normal modal window, where i places an imagewell for my logo and some labels for the text. all with the same background-color and it looks nice and clean.

Thanks for your hints.

Michael

[quote=122418:@Michael Bzdega]Hi,

Is it a canvas?

Michael[/quote]

Xojo’s is just a window with normal controls on it (list boxes canvases etc)