Latest version not showing exception reason

In previous versions of Xojo, when my code breaks for an exception during a debug run, I can mouse over the highlighted line of code and a popup would show me the reason for the exception. In 2015r3.1 this is not happening on my Mac OS 10.11. Do I need to look elsewhere, set something I have missed, or is this a bug?

There is an Exception in the Variables list. Not as convenient, but it’s there.

you are right. It was there in 2015r1 and now it is missing.

Got it, Bob. Yes, not as convenient but I guess now that I know where to look it’s not a big deal.

I made feedback case 41825 for this.

Would love to sign on, Christian, but here was today’s Feedback experience which is typical of trying to use Feedback previously.
In Xojo, select Feedback from Help menu.
An update is required to use Feedback, would you like to upgrade? Yes
The update failed, would you like to view the file so you can install it manually? Yes
The file 170_Feedback.dmg could not be opened.
At this point, Xojo Inc., I’ve got better things to do with my time.
Thanks anyway, Christian for creating the feedback.

still it would be nice if you could maybe download feedback on another PC, login and put 5 cases in your top list.

[quote=235038:@Roger Clary]An update is required to use Feedback, would you like to upgrade? Yes
The update failed, would you like to view the file so you can install it manually? Yes[/quote]

Simply download the feedback installer from the extras section of the Xojo.com downloads and install. Then it works just fine.

[quote=235032:@Bob Keeney]There is an Exception in the Variables list. Not as convenient, but it’s there.

[/quote]

Sometimes if I move my cursor around enough, or scroll up or down the page, the exception message appears, but it’s usually a couple of inches below where the exception occurred. It’s usually so hard to find that I’ve given up even trying. Yes, the exception is in the variables list, but in a method with a lot of active variables, that requires scrolling, too.

This broke in 2015r3.