Language Reference

Hi:

My Mac went belly up, and until it is fixed I have moved to a different mac. I downloaded Xojo whatever the most recent version is. What happened to the language reference? Even though I use Xojo daily, I still refer to the Language Reference. The new version is unusable. How do you get back to the old version?

I see this so often across so many products. Companies and developers keep improving their products until they are unusable.

The LR is online… at least the most up to date version is… so it didn’t “go” anywhere.
make sure you have your copy pointing to the right place

…or local if you prefer.
In Preferences -> General > When seeking help > Use built-in documentation

Precisely 2016R1.1 comes as default with a new local help, which I personally like, but could be unsettling in its presentation.

Go Xojo/Preferences/Seeking Help : Go Online for most recent documentation and you will have the classic Help.

I like the new local help a lot. It’s super quick and finding what you need is simple.

Is there a way to find text on the found page?

same feeling and same question !

[quote=267479:@Hal Gumbert]I like the new local help a lot. It’s super quick and finding what you need is simple.

Is there a way to find text on the found page?[/quote]
There isn’t but it has been requested at least once

Stupid Emile make a select all, copy, paste in OS X TextEdit and makes the search there (on good days)…

dash founds inside the text, but it’s easier directly inside xojo