Language Reference broken in Xojo 2013r2 ?

You have to forgive an old and slow-moving dinosaur :slight_smile:

The point of getting the LR to work again is still valid though… Is there any point at all of filing a Feedback report…? This is clearly some configuration issue on my system causing the LR to fail in 2014r1.1. What did you do to the LR between 2012r2.1 (that works on the same system) and 2014r1.1 where it does not work?

The local LR was changed in 2013r2 to have a different (and much better visual presentation). I’m not really sure what changed behind the scenes that could cause it to not work for you. I have 7 different Windows VMs I use for testing and have not seen such a problem.

Filing a Feedback case with as much details as you can is always a good idea.

Paul,
As a long time RB user I know the value of filing Feedback reports and I thus have to ask you, what kind of details should I include in a Feedback report not to have it closed immediately as “Not Reproducible”?

This is clearly an issue affecting a very small number of users and on the Windows platform. It is a RPITB for me as a single user without a working LR, but I can use the RB 2012 version of the LR or go online.

I would say you should include detailed specifics of your Windows setup, especially anything that may not be common such as installation folders, drives, languages, user account settings, etc. Whatever you can think of to help us try to set up a similar environment to replicate.

And of course, I always recommend people try creating a new user account to see if the problem also exists there. This can help to rule out any permissions, cache or other issues that may be occurring on the main account.