Language Problem

Hello, i am building a Web App. The app provides two languages to the user. When the language is set to English everything seems to be ok. All windows are opening just fine. If i set the language of the app to Danish and try to open a specific window i get the following error.

[code]Could not execute returned javascript: Unexpected token ILLEGAL
Source: RS.get(“FAqD6W5J”).style.display = ‘’;

RS.get(“FAqD6W5J_image”).src ="/23AC47F9E243433547EC67B9AC5E8872/files/%7B5686-1936-1970-0472-3790%7D/picture.png"

RS.get(“FAqD6W5J”).disabled = true

Xojo.createNamespace(“example.imageButton”);

RS.get(“GMSPxT8q”).style.display = ‘’;

RS.get(“GMSPxT8q_image”).src ="/23AC47F9E243433547EC67B9AC5E8872/files/%7B3838-1340-2109-5854-1269%7D/picture.png"

RS.get(“GMSPxT8q”).disabled = true

[/code]

plus 10000 lines of JavaScript more!!

Is it a special (hidden) character or something ?

[quote=147255:@Evdoxos Bekas]Hello, i am building a Web App. The app provides two languages to the user. When the language is set to English everything seems to be ok. All windows are opening just fine. If i set the language of the app to Danish and try to open a specific window i get the following error.

[code]Could not execute returned javascript: Unexpected token ILLEGAL
Source: RS.get(“FAqD6W5J”).style.display = ‘’;

RS.get(“FAqD6W5J_image”).src ="/23AC47F9E243433547EC67B9AC5E8872/files/%7B5686-1936-1970-0472-3790%7D/picture.png"

RS.get(“FAqD6W5J”).disabled = true

Xojo.createNamespace(“example.imageButton”);

RS.get(“GMSPxT8q”).style.display = ‘’;

RS.get(“GMSPxT8q_image”).src ="/23AC47F9E243433547EC67B9AC5E8872/files/%7B3838-1340-2109-5854-1269%7D/picture.png"

RS.get(“GMSPxT8q”).disabled = true

[/code]

plus 10000 lines of JavaScript more!!

Is it a special (hidden) character or something ?[/quote]

First thing I would suspect is an accented character getting in the way of JavaScript somewhere.

Or as I have seen in another case, control characters added by some app in the data files used for the language data.

You’ve got mixed frameworks there. What version of the IDE are you using?

I am using Version 2014 Release 2.1

Now i have problem with the Italian and French too.

[code]Could not execute returned javascript: Unexpected identifier
Source: RS.get(“QxzBCIgt”).style.display = ‘’;

RS.get(“QxzBCIgt_image”).src ="/41D819B6971BD9F74C085E8E7BF67CF0/files/%7B4646-7485-1570-1347-7659%7D/picture.png"

RS.get(“QxzBCIgt”).disabled = true

Xojo.createNamespace(“example.imageButton”);

RS.get(“ILyKT45h”).style.display = ‘’;

RS.get(“ILyKT45h_image”).src ="/41D819B6971BD9F74C085E8E7BF67CF0/files/%7B1756-8263-1732-7969-8699%7D/picture.png"

RS.get(“ILyKT45h”).disabled = true[/code]

I suggest creating a private feedback case and attaching the entire javascript error. I can’t tell from the little bit you have here what might be wrong.

A sample project would be very helpful too.