Labels not positioning correctly

I’m curious as to why labels are not showing properly in 2012 1.2. It seems like the simplest thing: I’ve got a label placed on a papgepanel with the Georgia font at 70.

In the IDE I see this: http://i.imgur.com/jfXZowG.png which is perfect.

But when compiled I get this: http://i.imgur.com/A6S6q0K.png far from perfect.

I’ve noticed this in other places too. And using system font does not fix it - that still looks off. I tried Xojo 2014 r1, too and see the same problem. What gives?

An example project would be helpful, or do you expect everyone to create a project based on your screenshots?

People here are very helpful, but you should make it as easy to help as possible, and not unduly impinge on other people’s time.

Try 15r1

[quote=185885:@Dave Kondris]I’m curious as to why labels are not showing properly in 2012 1.2. It seems like the simplest thing: I’ve got a label placed on a papgepanel with the Georgia font at 70.

In the IDE I see this: http://i.imgur.com/jfXZowG.png which is perfect.

But when compiled I get this: http://i.imgur.com/A6S6q0K.png far from perfect.

I’ve noticed this in other places too. And using system font does not fix it - that still looks off. I tried Xojo 2014 r1, too and see the same problem. What gives?[/quote]

In Mac 2012R1.2 I have exactly the same rendition in the IDE and in the run program. Would you be using Windows ?

I have a program in both Mac and Windows that makes heavy use of labels and fonts. On Windows, labels need to be much higer on the window, and taller. What I do now is to use Window.Control() to cycle through all labels and change their size automatically if TargetWin32.

I’ve been using Mavericks. After a bunch of trial and error, it seems the project was corrupted.

Greg: I did try opening the project in the latest IDE, and it was still wrong. But I copied the offending window to a new project and it seems fine. So, that’s why I suppose the original project is corrupted.

Michel: Thanks! Even though I’m not suing wondows at all, that was just what my project was doing to me. I could force the labels to be in the right place by raising them and increasing the height. But, as I said, it seems the project is corrupted in some odd way.

There was a bug somewhere along the way which caused browsers to not get the latest version of the framework. It could be that the browser already thinks it has a newer version. I’d suggest loading your project in 15r1 or r2 and then refreshing the browser with the alt/option key held down to force the browser to clear its cache. You may find that your app loads correctly.