Label Control Set

In DetailWindow I created a control set Label1 for Label1. In one of the functions I instantiate DetailWindow with Dim NewWindow as new DetailWindow. Now I want to address the Label1 Control Set from this function. How can I do that? Is the Control Set a dynamic array? NewWindow.Label1(0).text=“test” works well. However NewWindow.Label1(1).text=“test” generates a runtime error. Do you have to append a new element to the control set (something like NewWindow.Label1.Append…?). But what do you have to append? I really don’t see how I can use this control set…

You would use

Dim l As New Label1 l.top = label1(0).top + label1(0).height + 12 l.text = "test"

A control set is not an array in that you can remove an item from the middle of the set without renumbering the rest and therefore ubound doesn’t work either - you need to keep a reference to the upper limit.

HTH

Wayne

Wayne, thank you. This piece of code generates an error on the first line “There is no class with this name” (Label1). Also the second and third line generates errors. I really don’t understand control sets. Even the documentation gives no real answer how to use them…

You will need to prefix Label1 with DetailWindow.

Dim l As New DetailWindow.Label1 l.top = DetailWindow.label1(0).top + DetailWindow.label1(0).height + 12 l.text = "test"

This type is private, and can only be used within its module”. This is the error on line 1 referring to Label1. I try to use the control set Label1 (created in DetailWindow) from a function CreateLabels() where I instantiate DetailWindow to NewWindow. I get the same error when I refer tot NewWindow.Label1.

Looks like createlabel will need to be a function of NewWindow. Have a look at this project.

I changed the code a little bit: in DetailWindow I created public property MyLabels() As Label. In the function CreateLabels() (where I instantiate NewWindow from DetailWindow) I used the following code:

NewWindow.MyLabels.Append(New Label) NewWindow.MyLabels(0).Text="test" NewWindow.MyLabels(0).Left=100 NewWindow.MyLabels(0).Top=300 NewWindow.MyLabels(0).Enabled=TRUE NewWindow.MyLabels(0).Visible=True

No errors during compilation. But, no result on the screen! May be I am too tired to see the problem?

Did you have a look at the project I linked to?

Wayne, yes I did. And your project works. But, I have to reorganize my project to do this, because all my methods are in Modules outside DetailWindow. I will try to reorganize the project tomorrow since here (in Belgium) it is about 10:00 PM on Wednesday. Thank you very much for your help. I will inform you tomorrow!

Wayne, It’s late in the evening… But I couldn’t wait to test your solution. I commented out some lines in my project and inserted your solution to the problem. And now, it works!!! Thank you very much for your help and have a nice day in beautiful New Zealand!

Sleep well!

Wayne, thank you! I was having the same problem as Carlos. After downloading your sample project, it all made sense.

Thanks - Keir