Kaju help needed

I would like to implement kaju in an application, but even after reading all the documentation of kaju in github and trying to understand how everything works reading the kaju post (https://forum.xojo.com/18780-kaju-self-updater-talk ), it was impossible for me to create a simple example that works (I know, I'm far from being an expert). Additionally, the application "Kaju Admin App" does not seem to work. I use windows 10 and xojo 2016 R3.

Could you please give me some help, or maybe some simple application, to understand the workflow of kaju?

PS: I created a request on feedback–> <https://xojo.com/issue/47572>

Kaju cannot be integrated into Xojo because Kaju is not MacApp Store friendly : Apple will reject any app that has Kaju inside.

so your feedback will also not be implemented by xojo team as Kaju is not a xojo work.
(But Kem’s work and I don’t remember the other guy sorry !)

What exactly doesn’t work in the Admin app?

@Jean-Yves Pochez : Why would Xojo need to be AppStore friendly? What’s in Xojo has no bearing at all on the apps that are generated with Xojo.

The MAS already has it’s own update system. Kaju is interesting precisely for non MAS apps. Such as those sold directly on one’s web site.

[quote=325923:@Beatrix Willius]What exactly doesn’t work in the Admin app?

@Jean-Yves Pochez : Why would Xojo need to be AppStore friendly? What’s in Xojo has no bearing at all on the apps that are generated with Xojo.[/quote]

Xojo stopped 10.6 support some years ago, without warning us, because mainly the apps would be rejected from the appstore the next month or so. so Xojo has a lot of customers that develop for the appstore. if they implement Kaju inside Xojo, most of their customers couldnt submit to the mac app store anymore. they simply cannot do that.
Kaju exists, that good for all non mac-app store (and the windows app for example) but it cannot be integrated into xojo.

I was actually much worse. All apps were rejected in the end of 2013 without any warning, for having QuickTime calls inside.

The project comes with a working example. Does that not work for you?

Also, what do you mean exactly by, “the application “Kaju Admin App” does not seem to work”. Does it fail to compile, start up, save, or something else?

The project page has an extensive Read Me. Had you gone through that?