Job Searching

I have designed and written three major ERP business systems for the Industrial Equipment Dealership markets (i.e. forklift dealerships, etc.). First, in 1989 written in Cobol, 1995 in MS Visual Basic, and 2010 in Xojo. The VB and Xojo systems used MS SQL Server as the database. Along the way, I wrote a ton of little programs, either for custom situations or just for fun. For the first time in 42 years, however, I find myself out of work. Most jobs these days are looking for someone with experience in C#, Javascript, PHP, etc. Though I have a little experience in some of these other languages, my career has been spent primarily in Cobol, VB, and Xojo.

If anyone has a possible lead for a full time job using Xojo, it would mean the world to me to be able to investigate these opportunities. You can contact me here, or via text/phone/email:

Terry Eutsler
509-981-3840
terry.eutsler@gmail.com

2 Likes

I feel you pain. my past programming experience has mainly been COBOL and RPG. The last 10 years or so has been Filemaker and XOJO.

try looking into some of the freelancer sites like Upwork or Guru. you won’t get a permanent job but you could pickup a few gigs for some bucks.

Good luck in your search.

1 Like