it's possible catch the url in browser from xojo app

i would like catch the url in all browser windows, when the browser go on url and when change page/url, from
a background xojo app, like an url sniffer but not like keylogger… and without app+ htmlviewer as browser
is it possible ???

Not likely. Maybe if your background Xojo app was a proxy server you could capture it there. The embedded HTMLViewer can’t even give you an accurate URL.

too complex and invasive for me…
i remember that in vb6 was a subclassing of winwdows and then we can retrieve a lot of proprierties of this window…
i hope i can be this in xojo…
however thank you philip

Are you talking WE or a desktop app, in a desktop app use can use the cancel load event of the HTML viewer.

[quote=47253:@Jury Buono]too complex and invasive for me…
i remember that in vb6 was a subclassing of winwdows and then we can retrieve a lot of proprierties of this window…
i hope i can be this in xojo…
however thank you philip[/quote]

Well if you can do it in VB6 you might be able to do it in Xojo for Windows only. Net nanny like products do it so its possible. Might be easier to set up one of those in silent mode. :slight_smile:

hi sam, i would like make this in desktop application (no webapp) but my app must stay in background (like a sniffer) and catch all url that customer type in his browser or when browser change the page becaus customer click on other link.
sorry for my bad english…

to Phillip, yes i remember that in vb6 with subclassing i can read proprierties of windows and the proprierties of its contained controls, but how can i do subclassing in xojo ???

[quote=47390:@Jury Buono]hi sam, i would like make this in desktop application (no webapp) but my app must stay in background (like a sniffer) and catch all url that customer type in his browser or when browser change the page becaus customer click on other link.
sorry for my bad english…[/quote]
Just to make sure I understand what you want, you’re trying to capture a users browsing history. From their default browser, such as Safari, Chrome or Firefox?

If you’re building a web browser in Xojo, you can of course do it. Otherwise your best bet might be try to dig out each browsers ‘history’ file as this would most likely be the best place to find this data.