It's Just Disappointing

There is no color property on a Checkbox? I see this has been brought up before and the topic closed…with the usual “workarounds”. Use a Label… and/or use a container control to keep your checkbox with blank text and your independent label together. Argh. How about setting the color on Listbox header background and text? Nope – can’t readily do that either. The fun part is the the window renders exactly as I want it in the IDE, and yet it doesn’t display the same way when I actually run the project.
Screen Shot 2023-01-22 at 11.47.52 PM
Window during run.
Is it really that hard to add that level of customization to these controls?

1 Like

You have the PaintHeaderBackground and PaintHeaderContent events for this.

The simplest and most flexible way I found is to use a canvas, so I have full control of background, text and checkbox color.

maybe the disadvantage of using native controls.
other disadvantage of using cc or canvas, there is no preview in ide / form designer.

be careful with custom controls which can cause unnecessary redraws.

1 Like

Robert specifically want to set the color property. That is not possible with the native control.

I see. I guess that lack of customization is the price I pay for native controls and consistency…unless I employ some interesting alternative like the use of a canvas. That’s fair. Thanks to all who took the time to comment on the Forum.

Ah…remember the “good 'ol days” when you could set up your Mac to display windows in Orange Sherbet, or Woodgrain Panels…and what about those Flying toasters… O_O ~smiles~

2 Likes