is Xcode5 a complete dog or is it just me?

Don’t get me wrong, I love dogs. We have one. I just upgraded to Xcode5 (was forced to after using 4 on another machine, but no, the App Store knows what’s good for me).
That editor is ridiculous: error checking while I type, slowing everything down to almost unusable. And those stupid hot-links keep popping up while I type so when you click to edit it popups those retarded transparent windows telling me symbol can’t be found? Really? or better, it takes me to another file and if you blink at wrong time and don’t notice, suddenly you’re typing over and clobbering another source file!
Apple is looking more like M$ every day, big brother knows best. C’mon, enough of the eye candy and give us fast reliable tools that don’t drive us nuts!
There, I feel better.
P.

Using version 5 here and it runs like a champ… Love it!!!

M$ is anything but the king of the eye candy.

[quote=35018:@Peter Stys]Don’t get me wrong, I love dogs. We have one. I just upgraded to Xcode5 (was forced to after using 4 on another machine, but no, the App Store knows what’s good for me).
That editor is ridiculous: error checking while I type, slowing everything down to almost unusable. And those stupid hot-links keep popping up while I type so when you click to edit it popups those retarded transparent windows telling me symbol can’t be found? Really? or better, it takes me to another file and if you blink at wrong time and don’t notice, suddenly you’re typing over and clobbering another source file!
Apple is looking more like M$ every day, big brother knows best. C’mon, enough of the eye candy and give us fast reliable tools that don’t drive us nuts!
There, I feel better.
P.[/quote]

Have you looked at Xcode’s preferences? You can turn those things off. Xcode is very customisable. (Also, I’m pretty sure this should be in Off-Topic!)

Well, I wait for a few fixed before I go to version 5.
And I keep version 4 around.

Because version 5 does not include GCC which may be the better choice to build some open source libraries.

‘Beauty is in the eye of the beholder’ :slight_smile:

(Forgive the lecterous tone) George, why don’t you help the poster? Give him hints on how to use X5 better. Your post IMHO just makes him look petty. I don’t see how simply contradicting him helps anyone.

No worries Garth & George. Knowing that Xcode5 runs well for others is in fact helpful, because it encourages me to dig into why my particular installation sucks. And the prefs is a good place to start. So thanks to all.

P.