Is XCode required to compile iOS projects in Xojo?

I have used many third party tools that allow user to build complete mobile apps and then generate a complete project for XCode that one has to open in XCode and compile.

I am interested in know as to how does the iOS feature of Xojo work. Will it generate a project in XCode and we have to use XCode to finally compile the project?

TIA

Yogi

[quote=206121:@Yogi Yang]I have used many third party tools that allow user to build complete mobile apps and then generate a complete project for XCode that one has to open in XCode and compile.

I am interested in know as to how does the iOS feature of Xojo work. Will it generate a project in XCode and we have to use XCode to finally compile the project?
[/quote]

XCode is not needed to compile the project. Just to use the simulator.

Xojo directly compiles the executable.

[quote=206123:@Michel Bujardet]XCode is not needed to compile the project. Just to use the simulator.

Xojo directly compiles the executable.[/quote]
You do need to have it installed though. There are some pieces of the Apple infrastructure that you need from it (like tools for uploading your app to Apple).

Indeed. But the OP asked :

Maybe he was influenced by B4i or other such products that in fact create Objective-C code. That is not at all the case of Xojo.

[quote=206121:@Yogi Yang]I have used many third party tools that allow user to build complete mobile apps and then generate a complete project for XCode that one has to open in XCode and compile.

[/quote]
No
Xojo compiles the code directly and Xcode is NOT required for compiling
As greg already mentioned the simulator though IS part of Xcode as are other tools required for submitting applications to Apple
You only need it installed for these extra tools

If XCode is not required then when we try to Build an iOS app in Mac OS X Lion Xojo asks to start XCode and agree to its terms and then nothing happens.

Why?

You need to accept the Xcode license agreement so that the iOS Simulator can be launched. The iOS Simulator refuses to start if the user has not agreed to the Xcode license.

http://developer.xojo.com/using-the-ios-simulator

Paul, lucky you mentioned the bit about accepting the license agreement. It should be noted in the documentation (quick start) materials. I was wondering why none of the IOS sample apps compiled for me. I new I needed Xcode and have used it over the years, albeit infrequently. I didn’t realize/remember, however, that I had downloaded an update, but had not yet accepted the terms of agreement. Once I corrected that, everything seems ok. But it took me a long time and much searching before I read your comment above.

This is noted in the Using the iOS Simulator page and the iOS QuickStart page…

I was also under the impression the Xojo IDE would display a dialog to prompt you to accept the Xcode license.