Is there anybody that will trade his RB/Xojo coding skills for money on a site such as fiverr.com ?

I’m just curious at the moment. I see that on fiverr there are many offers for Java, PHP, Python and Ruby coding, debugging and teaching but AFAIK I can’t see nothing for Xojo. I’d be interested in hiring someone that does part of my job for a few bucks every now and then :slight_smile:

For example, in these days I need to make a derived class from the ListBox component that could allow to display the rows in alternate colors: every odd row in a color, and every even row in a different color. I know that it isn’t that much work, but if I could find someone that could handle this for me I’d have some spare time to do something else.

I’ll send you one later.

download from

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/992591/REALbasic/Forum/ListboxWithAlternatingColors.rbp.zip

Please note that you can set the alternating row colours in the IDE as the they have been added as properties to the property list of the customized listbox.

Regarding payment: just donate to a good cause or buy your mother some flowers :wink:

Well, thank you very much!

We have done this for dozens of clients over the years. They don’t need/want a full-time developer, they just need some part-time, get them over the hump, sort of help. Sometimes it’s a phone call talking them through their problem and sometimes it’s coding a subclass, or coming up with an example of how to do something. Sometimes it’s verification that, yes, they’ve discovered a bug in Xojo. :slight_smile:

I find it quite fun and a nice change of pace from some of the other consulting work we do. If you ever need anything like that contact me at support@bkeeney.com

Thank you

[quote=30517:@Markus Winter]download from

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/992591/REALbasic/Forum/ListboxWithAlternatingColors.rbp.zip

Please note that you can set the alternating row colours in the IDE as the they have been added as properties to the property list of the customized listbox.[/quote]

Exactly. This already exists if all your list requires it.

If for some reason you need to implement it yourself (in my case I set sections within the listbox, so I do it myself) just select the appropriate color in the cellbackgroundpaint event. Also: Remember to check for selections, if you want the selection to have a different colour (and if you don’t want it highlighting section headers, as in my case)

if me.selected(row) then g.forecolor = selectioncolor else if row mod 2 = 0 then g.ForeColor = color1 else g.ForeColor = color2 end if g.FillRect(0,0,g.Width,g.Height)