Is the Xojo user base-community growing up ?

Just curiosity… Anyone knows ? are there any figures ? data ? info ?

more members?
becoming more mature?
define “growing up”

I’m just getting older by the day…

Shhhhhhh…

But you’re not as old as you will be tomorrow.

Guys, I’m not interested in anyone’s age… :slight_smile:

I ment if the amount of people using Xojo is growing up day by day ? Is this data available ?

[quote=371025:@Roman Varas]Guys, I’m not interested in anyone’s age… :slight_smile:

I ment if the amount of people using Xojo is growing up day by day ? Is this data available ?[/quote]
to me “growing up” means increasing in age, which is why I asked
As to if the “community” is increasing, one could assume that it is… but doubtful Xojo will ever publish such information.
And really how important is that to anyone but Xojo?
You have chose Xojo as a tool, as have many others… and while Xojo has “X” customers, only about X/10 are forum members

While we don’t know, but just can assume that… they mentioned a number here: https://blog.xojo.com/2017/12/11/xojo-and-community-growth-in-2017/

@Dave S

To me it is important as the tool I have chosen is not necessarily the tool I may choose tomorrow or for the rest of my life. And how big is the user base makes a difference to me.

And also as I said in my first post “curiosity”

Anyway, looks like Xojo has indeen exposed some information…

Thanks Jurg for the input…

It seems likely that it was simply lost in translation now that Roman has explained it, so let’s all just take a deep breath here :slight_smile:

Xojo presented their forum growth at the last XDC, they may do so again at the upcoming one. I don’t think that forum growth is a useful number though, there are a lot of “not verified” users which means they haven’t purchased yet. From my training in retail I was taught that “it’s more important to keep a good customer than gain a new one”

Edit: While trying to verify I remembered that sentiment correctly, it turns out Forbes agrees

A few month ago we welcomed the 18000th member on the forum.
Now it is over 18250.

[quote=371050:@Tim Parnell]It seems likely that it was simply lost in translation now that Roman has explained it, so let’s all just take a deep breath here :slight_smile:
[/quote]
That’s right. Growing up can be translated to Spanish as “creciendo” (“crecer” verb), and “creciendo” could be used to age (older), size (bigger) or number of members (more) in Spanish. I think in English “grow up or growing up” are just used related to age, like a person getting more mature/old.

Compared to, say, circa 2013, I think the forum has matured as well. :wink:

I supposed the question was not if every member was one year old every year. :smiley:

[quote=371025:@Roman Varas]Guys, I’m not interested in anyone’s age… :slight_smile:

I ment if the amount of people using Xojo is growing up day by day ? Is this data available ?[/quote]
We update this number regularly.