is it possible use XOJO Web to build a project like fluidui.com?

Our Project have a target that build a Web Product like FluidUI.com, it need to build a desktop/web/mobile application prototype, need:

1. high performance
  2. Web event short time response
  3. Low cost in development
  4. Easy to develop
  5. Beautiful Web UI

We can discuss, all big guys!~_~

As far as I can tell, neither Xojo’s WebCanvas control nor WepPage object supports drag-and-drop, which FluidUI seems heavily reliant on. My guess is this would have to be done via JavaScript methods such as described in https://forum.xojo.com/947-we-drag-and-drop-files-into-webpage
The other thing FluidUI does a lot of is panning and zooming in its UI designer, which once again, looks like JavaScript to me.
However, FluidUI only seems to produce demo screens, not working prototypes or indeed, real apps.

[quote=200835:@Eric Wilson]As far as I can tell, neither Xojo’s WebCanvas control nor WepPage object supports drag-and-drop, which FluidUI seems heavily reliant on. My guess is this would have to be done via JavaScript methods such as described in https://forum.xojo.com/947-we-drag-and-drop-files-into-webpage
The other thing FluidUI does a lot of is panning and zooming in its UI designer, which once again, looks like JavaScript to me.
However, FluidUI only seems to produce demo screens, not working prototypes or indeed, real apps.[/quote]

R015 R3 should implement drag and drop in Xojo Web. I do not know the details, though.

Thanks. but I worry about the XOJO Web’s Performance, event it implemented drag and drop.

Can me make more event in local?

JqueryUI has some great drag and drop features. I built a wrapper library for it if you search the forum.

Thanks! what do you think the performance that use XOJO to develop a Prototype Design Tool?

You could still tap into local Javascript events and do it like you would with any other tool.

If you’re willing to put the work in, you can do anything you want just like a regular website. It’s up to you how much client-side verses server-side logic you want. By default Xojo is server-side heavy. But with customizations it can easily be made to act more client-side.

Thanks, do you have more articles about convert or modify server-side event to client-side?

Not specifically. It really is a case-by-case basis. You’ll want to research and use things such as Jquery, JqueryUI, AngularJS, and responsive design. My jqueryUI library makes writing a number of these things in Xojo easier but fundamentally you have to understand the technology. You should also be very comfortable with Xojo’s WebControlSDK.

Typically I try to program at the highest level whenever possible. Which is Xojo, and then I jump down to lower level language when I need to do something more custom and specific.

[quote=201087:@Brock Nash]Not specifically. It really is a case-by-case basis. You’ll want to research and use things such as Jquery, JqueryUI, AngularJS, and responsive design. My jqueryUI library makes writing a number of these things in Xojo easier but fundamentally you have to understand the technology. You should also be very comfortable with Xojo’s WebControlSDK.

Typically I try to program at the highest level whenever possible. Which is Xojo, and then I jump down to lower level language when I need to do something more custom and specific.[/quote]

Do you have some good WEB UI Framework recommend? for build some tool like Draw.io or Fluidui.com

[quote=202464:@? ?]Not specifically. It really is a case-by-case basis. You’ll want to research and use things such as Jquery, JqueryUI, AngularJS, and responsive design. My jqueryUI library makes writing a number of these things in Xojo easier but fundamentally you have to understand the technology. You should also be very comfortable with Xojo’s WebControlSDK.

Typically I try to program at the highest level whenever possible. Which is Xojo, and then I jump down to lower level language when I need to do something more custom and specific.[/quote]
https://forum.xojo.com/19039-jqueryui-library-drag-drop-animations-custom-menus/0#p202655