Is it possible to pass Powerpoint events back into a Xojo App?

I’m building a simulation program for teaching in Xojo and I’ve been looking at ways of providing tutorial material. One idea I’ve had is to put the tutorial material in a Powerpoint presentation and then run it from Xojo using the MSOffice plugin.

One thing that I need to do is to use events in the Powerpoint presentation (e.g. button presses) to trigger actions within the calling Xojo app. Has anyone done this? Is it possible?

I have not tried it but VBA in power point could pass instructions back to a waiting XOJO app via temporary files or cleaner API perhaps. I. e. xojo app runs point, pauses and waits for something back via via responding to a click, vba writes something out, xojo detects and acts. You get the idea

If you want to make it really nice, you can use a TCP/IP socket on both sides and have realtime communication between your xojo app and powerpoint.
It requires some VB programming, but that you can keep in a template so that you can use it in the future for all kind of presentations too.
As I said, if you want to make it really nice and if it’s worth the afford.