Is it possible to "OCR" text from an image using Xojo/

Hello,

I would like to “OCR” text from a picture file, .jpg, .png, etc, using Xojo, if that is possible how can I implement it?

Thanks.

Lennox

Have you checked MBS Xojo Plugins?
Especially the OCR related classes?

1 Like

No, I haven’t but I will check kit out.
Was looking for a non-commercial solution though.
Thanks.

you can of course integrate with Amazon or Google web services.

I’ve successfully used Tesseract via a shell.

I use both Google and AWS Artificial Intelligence services… and have Xojo classes that will do all the work for you… If you are interested in the classes please contact me via PM.

But you can try the services for free on your own images and see if they work OK for you.

1 Like

Hi Matthew,

Would appreciate a simple project.
Thanks.

Lennox

Hi,
For Tesseract+ocrmypdf, you could take a look at this project and modify it to your needs.

Cheers

2 Likes

Thanks Georgios Poulopoulos,
I will try it out.
Regards.
Lennox

Thanks Georgios Poulopoulos,
It compiled and was launched without any issues but LangsList.DesktopListBox is empty.
How can I fix that?
Regards.
Lennox

LangsList

Lennox…

I put a copy of my AWS AI classes (that includes OCR) on GitHub… If you want to try them send me (via private message) your GitHub name or email and I will give you access…

Currently my Google AI classes need to be updated due to some security change. If you would prefer to use them let me know.

Hi Jim,

I am unable to display the “Settings/Preferences window”, when I click Settings… or Command-< nothing happens… a window is not displayed.

Am I doing something incorrectly?

Thanks.

Lennox

OK, Got it now, I had to change its Super to “AppleMenuItem”

I’ve used both Tesseract and AWS TextTract (I think that’s what it’s called) and AWS is a bajillion times better in terms of accuracy.

I would like to use it for my own, personal, “lightweight”, use so Tesseract may suit my needs, but I cannot get the “Languages”, there is none to select, the “LangsList” is empty.

Any suggestions?

Thanks.

Lennox

sending it to chatgpt can be an option too…