Is it just me, or is your iOS Sim device setting no longer saving?

Yes, I’m listed. My project name has a space in it, e.g. “Manager App”. I have been using a backspace before the space so the terminal commands would work. It’s always had a space though - I haven’t renamed it this year - but maybe that’s an issue now?

Shouldn’t be
But that the uistate is NOT getting written out despite you making changes to the project is puzzling and I’m fairly certain the cause
You could just rename it, edit your project and save & see that the IDE creates a new one
I haven’t had a chance to look at why changing the device isn’t causing the project to dirty
Dont recall making any changes to that

Yes that fixed it, thanks Norman. After deleting the uistate file I opened the project and changed the iOS Simulator Device, then quit Xojo. That didn’t save but I thought it wouldn’t as the project’s dirty/changed flag isn’t set by this. The second time I toggled the Build for App Store setting on and off again, which then caused the project save prompt to appear, and the iOS Simulator Device is now saved.

And now that I’ve had 10 minutes to look I see why changing the device would not mark the project dirty

Still puzzled as heck why the original UIState would not be getting updated
Permissions seem fine
Maybe an extended attribute was on it like locked in the finder or something

[quote=227613:@Norman Palardy]Still puzzled as heck why the original UIState would not be getting updated
Permissions seem fine
Maybe an extended attribute was on it like locked in the finder or something[/quote]

I think you could leave the non-saving of uistate off the list for now and put it down to an environmental issue. I’ll let you know if it happens again. :slight_smile:

Already fixed the bug about the device change not dirtying the project so that remains the only outstanding item to sort out
Permissions and some extended attribute (like locked) are the only two I can think of

As a postscript to this, I’ve just arrived at work, synced the project in Github, and opened it in Xojo and the iOS Simulator Device that I chose at home, iPhone 6s (iOS 9.1), is selected. This is the way it was working for me until yesterday; I haven’t previously needed to re-select the device when moving between machines.

[quote=227531:@Norman Palardy]Binary projects ? XML ? Text ?
And I’d be fairly certain the ID’s are distinct (see my comment above)[/quote]

Binary. I was assuming it was something related to this which is why I’ve never reported it. Not a big deal and there’s not much you could do besides maybe saving a per-machine selection to the project, which might end up being more trouble than it’s worth.

There’s absolutely no reason to expect this should work since we use the ID
Unless they happen to be the same ID on both machines this should reset
And does github send the UIState file as well ?

Thats what the UI State is except with binary & xml that’s right IN the project itself
Thats more legacy than anything and not something thats likely to change.

Only vcp projects have it saved separately so that MY preferences for breakpoints bookmarks devices etc dont get shoved into some VCS system and suddenly the entire team is using my settings after an update.
That’d be kind of unfriendly for VCS usage

[quote=227633:@Norman Palardy]There’s absolutely no reason to expect this should work since we use the ID
Unless they happen to be the same ID on both machines this should reset
And does github send the UIState file as well ?[/quote]

Yes you said that earlier but it does work in my case (and has previously) and yes the .xojo_uistate file is part of my repository and isn’t an excluded file.

I’d have a peek at the ID’s in iOS Simulator > Hardware > Device > Manage Devices
If they match then thats why it would
And since these are USUALLY just downloaded as part of Xcode I could image they have a fairly consistent set of ID’s