iPad app for fat coaches' fingers

Any secrets for expanding a web app so that you can use it on iPad with fat fingers?

Create big buttons :slight_smile:

You can load specially designed pages based on the platform of the user connecting to the web app.

In Session.Open event handler:

If Self.Platform = WebSession.PlatformType.iPad Then PageWithBugButtonsForiPad.Show Else StandardPage.Show End If

As much as I hate to have to create multiple pages, this is also what I do. I have specifics for iPad, iPhone 5, iPhone 4, and 2 different Android resolutions.

This is also a good reason to get used to using callbacks in action events instead of coding within the controls themselves :).

whatcha mean?

This is also a good reason to get used to using callbacks in action events instead of coding within the controls themselves :).

You mean keeping your programming in methods that just have calls from something.action ??

do all my methods need to reside in the session?

my primary page is called cc. I’m trying to identify a page in session.

in session, c is a property as webpage.
in session.open if browser = internet explorer then c = new webpage, c = cc.

I keep getting a c does not exist error.

what?

C=new CC

thanks that was dumb …

ok really confused about a successful structure for my program. Use container controls for different windows. To use different layouts for different operating systems do I have to keep all my methods in the Session?

Apparently I can’t use classes to keep the methods, properties and different layouts …

No you don’t have to use Session, but you will want to put your shared code somewhere outside the WebPage/Container itself.

Having a class (or set of classes) that encapsulate your code probably makes the most sense. In the WebPage/Container, instantiate the class (perhaps in the Open event handler and save the instance as a private property):

mPageHandler = New MyClassWithMethods

Then in the appropriate event handlers, you can call the class using something like this, passing in any values that it needs:

mPageHandler.MethodToCall(value1, value2)

thanks Paul, I tried this:

circleCalcRoutines as class, c = new circleCalcRoutines in webpage.open.

I’m getting a c does not exist error.

ideas?