iOSTable swipe to delete cell

I have a table full of cells and I’d like the user to be able to swipe the cell, get the delete button and get an action when it is pressed.

Suggestions on how do do this? Is there build in functionality or will I have to roll my own?

Thanks.

AFAIK we’ve not figured out how to do the swipe in a table cell yet.

What people did before swipe was hit the accessory button to get into the details and that would be one of the options in the detail view.

[quote=150163:@Dean Davis]I have a table full of cells and I’d like the user to be able to swipe the cell, get the delete button and get an action when it is pressed.

Suggestions on how do do this? Is there build in functionality or will I have to roll my own?[/quote]

Not yet implemented. Discussed but not done in beta. You need to roll your own.

This calls for declares, since iOSTable does not have any event such as PointerDown/PointerUp or RowtoXY that would allow such a feature to be built in pure Xojo.

But instead of swipe, you could use an Edit button to enter an edit mode with minus to remove. That is used as well in iOS.

[quote=150174:@Michel Bujardet]Not yet implemented. Discussed but not done in beta. You need to roll your own.

But instead of swipe, you could use an Edit button to enter an edit mode with minus to remove. That is used as well in iOS.[/quote]

That’s what my current app does that I’m looking to port but I didn’t see a way to make iOSTable enter the “Edit” mode.
(On iOS this would make the table cells have a Minus icon on the left and the hamburger reorder icon on the right).

[quote=150185:@Dean Davis]That’s what my current app does that I’m looking to port but I didn’t see a way to make iOSTable enter the “Edit” mode.
(On iOS this would make the table cells have a Minus icon on the left and the hamburger reorder icon on the right).[/quote]

My idea was not to enter the official edit mode, but to approximate it. Actually, to create a “delete” mode, where you can use the Action event to start the “are you sure you want to delete” dialog.