IOS & Xojo 2013 future pricing model

If you’re a professional and need to build a certain kind of software then you should use tools that are already developed and on the market. If you’re not then you should cool your jets and play with the new toys once they’re under the xmas tree.

tl;dr You can build iOS using free tools from Apple. Do that if you’re in a hurry.

[quote=12987:@Dana Brown]Our current licensing is not “pay as you publish.” Once you purchase a deployment license there are no restrictions for how often you can compile, sell your apps, etc.

iOS support will not be included in any current edition of Xojo for free. We will announce more information about pricing when we get closer to the release date.[/quote]

One question:
How do you mean “free”? As in free to use (like the IDE) or free with a current license to build?

“Pay as you publish”[quote=13295:@Lee Page] In order to do this I have to purchase a license to do this so yes it is “Pay as you Publish, Compile, Deploy, Build” etc…[/quote]
Remember, you’ve only to pay once, and you can compile,… as often as you want.

You read it like if Xojo were available on the AppStore, to compile is only available once if you buy an In-App-Purchase. :wink:

I’m assuming there is a language barrier at work here. I think he means that if he wants to publish (compile…) he needs to purchase a license.

Now: when it comes to compiling being an in-app-purchase that you can use only once. PLEASE DON’T GIVE GEOFF IDEAS :wink:

Thanks, that gave a :LOL: to me.

Dirk has a great idea. We should change things so that a purchase gives you 100 “silver run coins” and 10 “gold build coins”. After you use up all your coins, you can purchase more or you can wait 1 hour between running your project or use 100 silver coins to purchase one gold coin. There are just so many options! Plus, it seems like everyone loves that model for iOS apps!

I’ll be sure to bring it up with Geoff at our next staff meeting! :wink:

[quote=60296:@Paul Lefebvre]Dirk has a great idea. We should change things so that a purchase gives you 100 “silver run coins” and 10 “gold build coins”. After you use up all your coins, you can purchase more or you can wait 1 hour between running your project or use 100 silver coins to purchase one gold coin. There are just so many options! Plus, it seems like everyone loves that model for iOS apps!

I’ll be sure to bring it up with Geoff at our next staff meeting! ;)[/quote]

Can we also get free build coins if we share with/nag our friends on Facebook???

As I wrote in the other, connected, discussion, I would be very disappointed if the Pro version would not allow to compile for iOS. I think this will break the readability of your offer (A Pro license is complete).
This is actually why I took the Pro one. To get a complete license.
First I thought it will be important to support Xojo and participate to the development of this platform (including iOS target) which is essential for my work and second to get the iOS license in the future.
I do not compile for anything else than Desktop at the moment. So I pay 990 while I could pay only 300. I think Xojo should make the math and carefully think about what they will gain, and lose, if they separate iOS from the package.

Will be like this IMO.

When IOS is available in a future Xojo IDE release. Regardless if you have a Pro license you will need to purchase acquire an add-on license of some kind to build for IOS. (may be discounted but it will cost something)