IOS Upload - Missing PNG Files

XOJO IOS - When uploading in to the App I get a warning saying:

ERROR ITMS-90022: “Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPhone / iPod Touch of exactly ‘120x120’ pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0.”

I get one for a missing 150x150 and one for 76x76. The App icon files are there in XOJO (along with the other 9). This is not a new build just a minor upgrade so nothing has really changed since I last uploaded.

Whats going on and what do I do to fix it?

Have you followed the steps on the Launch Images and App Icons page?

I used Imagemaker to create the icons. I have already dragged files in including a 120x120 but this is one of the sizes with an error.

Also I have already published this app (last rev was in April). I tried dragging and dropping in all the PNG files into the “App Icons” … still didn’t work.

One thing I noticed is that imagemaker hasn’t been updated since I first installed in 2014 as it doesn’t change when I get updates … could this be the reason? … or has the imagemaker program remained un-changed?

ImageMaker has not changed. Can you post of a screen shot of your App Icons as they appear in Xojo?

Steve - I ran into this issue some time back. Delete your app icon folder in the project and then add new ones using Insert. Then drag your icons made from ImageMaker to the newly created set. That worked for me

Thanks Ryan. I did this and made sure all the boxes had Icons. When uploading I still get the following Error messages:

ERROR ITMS-90032: “Invalid Image Path - No image found at the path referenced under key ‘CFBundleIcons’: ‘AppIcon76x76’”
ERROR ITMS-90023: “Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly ‘76x76’ pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0.”
ERROR ITMS-90023: “Missing required icon file. The bundle does not contain an app icon for iPad of exactly ‘152x152’ pixels, in .png format for iOS versions >= 7.0.”

I think your probably on the right lines but I am not sure what else I need to do.

Hi Steve. Sorry, I was not at my computer when I wrote the post the other day. Was thinking that was the trick.

Take a look at the post I submitted a few months ago:
https://forum.xojo.com/23151-delivering-ios-app-errors-missing-required-icons/p1#p193246

You’ll see what Hans recommended is to create a new iOS project using File > New. This adds the template automatically. You then delete the template/folder in your current app and then drag the new template to yours.

[quote]i created a new Project - so the new icon set and launch images are in the template.
Then i deleted the old Folders from my current project and insert the images per drag’n drop from the new template to my project. After that i drag the icons and images from the generated icons and laugh images to the appropriate places in the new sets.[/quote]

See if you have any better success with this. Good luck!

Cheers.

Opening a new App Icon folder in the existing app didn’t work but following your advice and opening a new app and then copying the folder across did work.

XOJO Inc - This is a bug please fix

Awesome! :slight_smile:

Weird how touchy things are sometimes, huh?