IOS testing on device "no code signature found"

Hi there,

I’m trying to test my iOS app on a real device (iPhone5, iOS 8.1.2).

When I try to add the app on the phone I get an error: “App installation failed: No code signature found”.

I guess I followed all steps required:

• I have a Apple developer account
  • This account is registered in Xcode, I’m an iOS Agent, and have added the iOS Development
  • the iPhone5 is added in Xcode devices
  • I have a wildcard provisionning profile
  • provisioning profile is added to the iPhone in Xcode

I suspect something is wrong with my build settings, the doc says:

What is my “Code Signing Team/Company/Name” ???

Then:

In the iOS build folder there’s an iosapp.app file generated but I don’t see any dSYM file ???

Thanks for your help !

Olivier

You can create a Team in
developer.apple.com/membercenter/selectTeam.action

Hi Jaap,

I already have a team, named “Olivier Colard” but I can’t enter this in the ID, spaces are not allowed.
Any other advice ?

In Xcode preferences/accounts you will find your Apple ID with its Agents.
Clicking the Agent/Details will show your Signing Identities and Provisioning Profiles.

Jaap,

Sorry, but I see all this but I still don’t know what to put in the iOS build settings ?

• agent name: “Olivier Colard” not allowed because of spaces
  • Provisioning profile name “Gate61” : get the “no code signature” error
  • Signing identities = “iOS Development” this seems pretty generic

And I don’t see any .dSYM files …

Thanks anyway

So your AgentName has errors!
This name will show up in the Xojo Team popup.
Maybe you have to solve this error first?

Thanks ! OK now I have my Name in the Team popup.
But now the build gives the following: “A development profile is required when building an iOS app”

I have to go now and will check this error later.

Thanks anyway for putting me on the tracks !

I have had success following this to the letter, patiently, step by step :

http://xojo.helpdocsonline.com/deployment

And later on :
http://xojo.helpdocsonline.com/submitting-to-the-app-store#

If it does not work, start over. As for the space, my team is “Michel Bujardet”, with a space, and it works fine…

Merci Michel.

I started all over again, revoking certificates, deleting provisioning profiles and retried.
Not better.
The first issue was that the app was build without error messages (and without dSYM file) but I had an error “No code signature found” when trying to add the app to the iPhone.

Now I have new certificates, new provisioning profiles and Xcode setup, but it’s the build process which give an error “A development profile is required when building an iOS application”.

Where comes this messages from ? Xojo ?
As found in other forum threads I tried removing and re-downloading my Xojo Pro license. Same issue.
I also tried recreating a new project copying all components and changing the bundle identifier. Same issue.

The app is working perfectly in the simulator and I’d like real testings.

[quote=159598:@Olivier Colard]Merci Michel.

I started all over again, revoking certificates, deleting provisioning profiles and retried.
Not better.
The first issue was that the app was build without error messages (and without dSYM file) but I had an error “No code signature found” when trying to add the app to the iPhone.

Now I have new certificates, new provisioning profiles and Xcode setup, but it’s the build process which give an error “A development profile is required when building an iOS application”.

Where comes this messages from ? Xojo ?
As found in other forum threads I tried removing and re-downloading my Xojo Pro license. Same issue.
I also tried recreating a new project copying all components and changing the bundle identifier. Same issue.

The app is working perfectly in the simulator and I’d like real testings.[/quote]

I had the same error message once, but I since forgot what I did to solve it. Search for “No code signature found” (with the quotes). I remember at least one thread where there were solutions.

Thanks Michel, but, as mentioned, the problem now is not “no code signature” anymore but “A development profile is required when building an iOS application”.

I found a few entries in the forum and tried what people suggest but none of them solves the problem.
It’s enough for today. Not sure I’ll try again with this Xojo version.

Thanks anyway.

[quote=159618:@Olivier Colard]Thanks Michel, but, as mentioned, the problem now is not “no code signature” anymore but “A development profile is required when building an iOS application”.

I found a few entries in the forum and tried what people suggest but none of them solves the problem.
It’s enough for today. Not sure I’ll try again with this Xojo version.

Thanks anyway.[/quote]

Sorry, i meant precisely the development profile thing. Anyway, with iOs, nothing is ever simple. Better smell the roses often :wink:

Seems the best way is to delete all old iOS certificates in the Member Center and also in the Keychain. Re-create all of them, download and activate. Now run Xcode, which will moan about some problem with the certificate, but also offer to fix it. Worked for me after I tried everything else suggested… :slight_smile:

Thanks Nic,

I did the same, ie. deleting all certificates and provisioning profiles a second time, recreated everything a solved the problems first in Xcode.
Finally ok, the build works fine and I can test on a real device.