IOS Runtime error

I have been working on an IOS app without issue but today when I opened the project I get the following Runtime Error
“Location: Common/MacOS/MediaIOCocoa.mm:179
Condition: static_cast<FolderItemImpMac2 *>( folderItem )->GetCFURL( &url.AsRef() )”

What does this mean and what did I do to create it?

Sounds like one of the files your project uses has gone awol somehow

Hi Norman, when you add a graphic of sound resource to a project is it actually add or is it just a reference to where ever you dragged it from your computer?

just a reference

still opening the project should not give you an assertion like that if the file is missing

I tried recreating the view but now I am getting Fatal errors. I think it is to do with me creating a full size imagewell and layering a label over the top??

Not that specific error
If you get that error when you’re opening your project it seems its “something” wrong with some kind of media (sound, image, picture, movie, etc)
But thats just me guessing based on the original error you posted

[quote=281129:@Martin Fitzgibbons]I have been working on an IOS app without issue but today when I opened the project I get the following Runtime Error
“Location: Common/MacOS/MediaIOCocoa.mm:179
Condition: static_cast<FolderItemImpMac2 *>( folderItem )->GetCFURL( &url.AsRef() )”

What does this mean and what did I do to create it?[/quote]

Martin, you didn’t happen to have another project open at the same time, did you?

Hi Gavin,

Yes. As I am just getting back into programming after a number of years following daughter on the World Surf Tour, I have plenty of projects and examples from everyone who sends me a bit of sample code. It doesn’t seem to matter if I close everything or even restart the Mac. I can still continue and run and edit the project and occasionally it just gives up and quits Xojo.