iOS plugins ?

iOS plugins ?

This is the question I am getting hit with ! At least for simple non UI plugins.

Is there going to be iOS plugin SDK ? and if so then when ?

currently nothing available (as far as I know).

Apple allows frameworks with iOS 8, I think, but not sure if they can.

Also there is feedback case 30246 with some ideas.

Yea I imagine what you say there that it would need to be static libraries for now.

Would it not be enough to have the plugin entry with namespace prefix ? if you have everything inside as static, so can’t be seen outside of your c or cpp file. The PluginEntry exposes everything as function pointers from inside.

Though even that is painful since big plugins have a lot of cpp’s and I would not want to have it all in one so the PluginEntry could see it.

[quote=150065:@Christian Schmitz]currently nothing available (as far as I know).

Apple allows frameworks with iOS 8, I think, but not sure if they can.

Also there is feedback case 30246 with some ideas.[/quote]

Would it not be possible for Xojo to provide a way to link C libraries during build, though a process not unlike the current iOSBlock ? Or is it a stupid idea ?

not like iOSBlock

I thought about a tool to prefix all functions in a static lib with a prefix to avoid conflicts.
That’s just a workaround if their linker could not separate them.

I thought dynamic libraries were not allowed in iOS, yet a discussion yesterday talks about a dybilb built in iOS
https://forum.xojo.com/18039-objective-c-runtime-library-in-ios

A quick search in the iOS Apple Dev forums show libobjc to be used regularly.

So apparently, is it yet another case of “do as I tell, not as I do” from Apple ?