iOS is the new Windows

I use a iPhone 6Plus and unfortunately I updated to iOS 11.0.3

The overall experience is disappointing. The system has become slow, the response is sluggish. Very often iOS is not responding to orientation change or is presenting information upside-down. The Home button seems to respond only on every second or third push attempt and very regularly it takes 10 seconds or more before an app like Messenger or Facebook or Mail is showing up with any information. Pictures sometimes are show and sometimes not. Randomware.

And so on.

Meanwhile Apple’s CEO Tim Cook is telling French kids that they’d rather learn Programming than English. Like that they would be better prepared for life…

Maybe he should talk to his own staff first.

I just updated my iphone SE with iOS … 10 ! at the end of september
that way, I’m quite sure the OS is considered as finished …

it’s a pity this mode to launch a new OS every autumn, even if it’s not finished …

Thought it was just me…

Rapid. Release. Model.

What do you expect?

+1 for my iPad and +1 for my iPhone SE

After updating my iPad Pro from 10 to 11 I do enjoy the dock-like feature and multitasking improvements but God have they added bugs! I would not expect from Apple historically but seems to be the new black for them.
My biggest concern now is that apple’s own keyboard for the iPad Pro has started to become unresponsive and requires constant reconnects by ripping it off the device and reattaching (three times a day at least). Never needed to do that when running 10.3. Tried cleaning the connection pads but since I’ve never needed to remove the keyboard before I can only think of software problems. Frequent disconnects from the wifi also started with 11, on both my iDevices.

I have an iPhone 5s and I have no sluggish response.
@Oliver Osswald, is your iPhone repaired in the past?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208067

[quote]iOS 11.0.3
Addresses an issue where touch input was unresponsive on some iPhone 6s displays because they were not serviced with genuine Apple parts[/quote]

I use Teamviewer to support my clients, with iOS 11 I can now see what they are seeing and can talk them through fixing their problem. Prior to iOS 11 I could only get my client to send me a screen cap which made hard work of support believe me!

This one feature has raised iOS to the level of Android :slight_smile: at least as far as remote support is concerned.

My son used to be an iOS fanboy, doing everything on his iPhone 6 and 6+.

Since the advent of 8 and X, he keeps telling me he wants a Samsung Note 8 instead.

I am afraid Apple is losing it’s magic touch…

They are so busy being “incredible”, “extraordinary”, “revolutionary”, they forget the user.

[quote=354657:@Paul Sondervan]I have an iPhone 5s and I have no sluggish response.
@Oliver Osswald, is your iPhone repaired in the past?

https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT208067[/quote]
No, original hardware, no repairs, nothing. Did run quite ok until now.

I saw that announcement about repair-parts, it was in the update note for 11.03.
It made me think that Apple is now on the track of blaming others, just like we had that with Windows: “It is a hardware problem, ask them for help”. How pathetic is this?!

[quote=354672:@Michel Bujardet]<…>

I am afraid Apple is losing it’s magic touch…

They are so busy being “incredible”, “extraordinary”, “revolutionary”, they forget the user.[/quote]

All this self-praising makes me vomit.

We had that from Microsoft for ages, all the buzz-wording, the marketing people just trying to increase profit without ever asking for the actual needs of people. Maybe Satya Nadella is now able to turn Microsoft around and start a fundamental internal culture change. His book “Hit Refresh” is an interesting read.

Apple however seems to be just on that track now: it is all about selling, who cares about the needs of people? Tim Cook was Apple’s executive vice president of sales and operations before becoming its CEO. So technical innovation and quality are probably not his main focus and fields of experience.

I’m not going to buy myself (and the family) new computers, new iPads, new iPhones every other year, just to make the OS work again.

I too have an iPhone6plus running iOS11.0.3 and everything is running pretty smoothly. No issues so far.

[quote=354678:@Oliver Osswald]

It made me think that Apple is now on the track of blaming others, just like we had that with Windows: “It is a hardware problem, ask them for help”. How pathetic is this?![/quote]
May I say that I find this a weird reaction?
I read it differently.
Apple solved the problem in 11.0.3.
There is nowhere mentioned that it’s a hardware issue and that you should ask others for help.
Just my 2 cents.

[quote=354679:@Oliver Osswald]All this self-praising makes me vomit.
[…]
I’m not going to buy myself (and the family) new computers, new iPads, new iPhones every other year, just to make the OS work again.[/quote]

Sorry, Oliver, that trolling is misguided. You don’t need “new computers every year”. My 24in iMac from 2008, my 27in iMac from 2009, and my 17in MBP from 2010, my iPhone 6 and my iPad Air all run perfectly fine and have for many years.

Ever since refusing to support Windows and moving everyone to Mac my computer support for family and friends is restricted to “buy newer second-hand Mac, transfer data, clean old Mac, sell old Mac”. Everyone (about 30 people) has newer models than I do (2010/2011 iMacs, 2012/2013/2015 MBP, 2012/2013/2014/2015 MacBook Air, 2015 MacBook, iPadAir 2, iPhone 6/6s/7) and still no problems so far. The two PCs that I have for testing give me more trouble than all the Macs and iOS devices combined.

For that matter Xojo is giving me more trouble than MacOS/iOS :wink:

I have an iPhone 6 and an iPad 4 Mini both running iOS 11.0.3 without issues.

BUT my son is an early adopter and has an iPhone 6+ (bigger screen). He had the iOS 11 beta installed and it was a bit sluggish. Based on his research apparently the larger screen size was part of the issue but he says with the live release it is OK.

Sorry this is not much help.

Yes, I am frustrated and disappointed about how the latest iOS version “improved” my iPad and in particular my iPhone6+.

To put this away as just another rant is to easy. I’m worried because 10 years ago I moved my focus and activities from Microsoft to Apple and I was convinced that this was the better base for me to secure my material safety, my income.

Now I am under the impression that things go worse with Apple, from year to year. I hope I am wrong.

And I hope that soon we will see a solution for the Windows-flicker-mess from Xojo. We have read the announcement by Geoff.
Then I would be ready to focus back on Windows. I already like much better the now available hardware from Asus or HP or Microsoft.

I agree with Markus that we saw long-lasting hardware in the past (I’m also still using some of it). But this belongs to the Jobs area, it’s not a Tim Cook merit.

But we will see.

Also consider Linux since we get solutions to bring desktop applications running on a Linux box to any client-desktop.
And btw, 2 years ago i moved from IOS - to Android devices and it still suits me better, although it’s sometimes hard to believe that Mr. Google starts thinking for you.

I have been using both PC and Mac since the early eighties when they came to be.

I agree with Oliver about the know it all attitude at Microsoft, that ended up created the monster that Windows 8 was. Fortunately, the market reacted in such a negative way, lesson learned hopefully, they got a lot more humble.

Apple indeed lives in the illusion that they know better than the users. From Mac that will never be touch enabled because they decided so, the USB-C requiring a horde of dongles to replace elementary connectors like Ethernet, the doing away with SD card connector (let photographers eat cake) to iPhone 7 where the headphone jack is no more, that shows a blatant disregard for users.

The unfortunate truth is that users today are far more informed than ten years ago. And other manufacturers have learned to do a far better job at designing high quality hardware. Sure, there will always be unconditional fans who will gobble whatever they produce and update like clockwork. But that does not suffice to feed the huge company. The Chinese market that propelled iPhone last year is showing signs of slow down. Sure, iMac can stay the same as ten years ago expect thinner with less connectors, but what if I am a photographer, and need an SD card reader ? What if I like using Photoshop with a stylus ? Then bye bye Apple. It was pleasant while it lasted.

Even in phones and tablets, the total lack of memory expansion will come back to byte their behind. Yet again, all Android mobile uses SD cards. Frankly, iPhone X and Samsung Note 7 side by side, I am not quite sur Apple wins. Especially if one hates Airpods which frankly win the dork of honor.

It is an old rule of business : customer is king. Pretending to tell him what to buy is delusional.

Grass is always greener and such…

I was just talking to a buddy yesterday about the state of things. Unfortunately the truth is none of the options seem to be getting substantially better. If Apple ever loses it’s customer oriented approach to security and data privacy then there really will be no good option.

Windows 10 while better than 8 for sure has a lot of painful downsides. Samsung as well. The state of updates with Android devices is much less reliable than Apple and iOS. Google has lost it’s way. Any more than cursory look at some of their business practices will make their don’t be evil motto seem like a joke.

So unfortunately whatever road you go down has serious compromises. It’s basically a pick your poison type scenario.

There are more and more open source (software and hardware) options being attempted. So we can always hope one of them will get some traction and bring some higher level of competition to the market.

Oh, and Airpods are great. Having used them for many months now, on a daily basis, I don’t think I could go back to wired headphones. They’re great. I imagine after a few iterations come and go, having wired headphones is going to seem like having a manual transmission. Some people will still want them, but very few relatively speaking.

My point was not to say grass is greener, but simply that IMHO Apple has lost perspective on users needs.

Maybe this is why Apple’s current offerings don’t impress me much. I really do miss stick shift, and even after 8 years, I still reach for the shifter when I want to accelerate hard or slow down.

Modern CVTs are really impressive, compared to the clunk autos of yesteryears, am very slowly getting more and more used to paddle shifting, but dislike that the car will only let me shift when it ‘thinks’ is the right time.[quote=355050:@Michel Bujardet]My point was not to say grass is greener, but simply that IMHO Apple has lost perspective on users needs.[/quote]
But that sir, is because we are no longer Apple’s intended audience. Just look at the recent keynote with hair-force one making horse noises while pretending to be a unicorn. I know a bunch of 5 year old that think this is great; my question is; how on earth does Apple expect to get these five years to buy a $1,000 phone?