iOs and star receipt printer

if any one using star receipt printer or any receipt printer with iOs and SqlIte

The only way to print from Xojo iOS I know of is dtPlugins, now unfortunately discontinued. You may beg Jean-Paul Devulder by private message. If you are lucky, he could reply, and if you are very blessed, he may condescend selling to you.

It is really a shame Xojo iOS cannot print.

so Xojo iOS cannot print this is bad for customer like i make business

I filed a feature request back in December 2014. You may want to put point on it. As it stands, it is only 410th.

Quite a shame, really.

<https://xojo.com/issue/37516> iOS printing to airprint should be supported

Even if AirPrint was currently supported, the real question is whether or not the receipt printer is AirPrint compatible. Most are not without some sort of bridge (hardware or software) to make the connection.

Actually I looked at their page http://www.starmicronics.com/printer/home.aspx . It seems their printers use BlueTooth to connect, which is yet another ballgame.

Hi Greg
so i can print from iOS App (yes/no)
If yes then how i create the reports or any example to test the printer

thanks

There’s a couple of printers on the bluetooth info page that say they’re compatible with iOS. It’s not AirPrint - it’s just certified to connect to an iOS device over bluetooh. So you can probably connect to the printer via bluetooth and write serial data to it.

It sounds like Xojo iOS doesn’t support bluetooth though (from searching the forums and feedback)

[quote=240069:@Alexis Colon Lugo]Hi Greg
so i can print from iOS App (yes/no)
If yes then how i create the reports or any example to test the printer

thanks[/quote]
We do not have printing on iOS. I was only trying to point out that the printer itself may not have AirPrint support anyway. Receipt printers usually require that they be connected to a computer.

Bluetooth is possible through declares. We used Bluetooth Low Energy in the XDC app last year for creating our registration beacon.

if any work around to make printing from iOS ?

if no then start make my app on XCODE

One option is to create your document in the /DOCUMENTS folder on the iPhone
Then you’d have to connect the iPhone to a computer that is authorized to synch using iTunes
and from the iTunes App page for that device (at the bottom) you would see your document, drag it to the computer and print it

Note : this requires that you set a parameter manually in your app Plist file (its been discussed here… I don’t recall exactly what it is off the top of my head)

[quote=240167:@Dave S]One option is to create your document in the /DOCUMENTS folder on the iPhone
Then you’d have to connect the iPhone to a computer that is authorized to synch using iTunes
and from the iTunes App page for that device (at the bottom) you would see your document, drag it to the computer and print it[/quote]
I don’t think this would work well if you’re trying to compete with the fact that Square already connects to bluetooth receipt printers

Alexis asked for options… I provided an option… or an idea about an option

It would be great if these declares are not too complex, they were made available. Apparently neither iOSKit nor iOSLib provide that feature.

Thanks Dave

But this is no option for me on my customer store hi have cash drawer, printer and iPad

So XOJO no work for iOS professional app I have to go Xcode and learn

Thanks For help

but XOJO Kick me out of iOS Dev

i have to go to Xcode and i have my App Working.

Feel free to send me a feature request (and I am very certain the same is valid for Jason too). Currently I am involved in other projects but once I return and have the open ends fixed, I am always glad to have an idea on what might be needed.

Well. My comment was meant to ask Xojo to release the code they used for XDC. After all, they boast about declares they used. It would only be fair if they shared . Especially with such an indigent Xojo so many months later.

Wait. Apparently, Jason King talks about that in another thread :

[quote=242812:@Jason King]Yes look at the AVFoundation module in iOSKit:

https://github.com/kingj5/iOSKit [/quote]

(Just for clarification) The code itself has not been released, however the classes they used to scan barcodes are the ones in the AVFoundation of iOSKit.

I have some partially translated classes for Core Bluetooth that I can probably upload for people to test sometime in the future, although it could be a while before I have the time to dust them off and finish them.