IOS 11 Screens messed up

Greetings,

I had an app written with the latest XOJO, on IOS 10 all were fine, all the forms, popups and so on, now on IOS 11 the popups look like scaled and a lot of controls are missing from the page , what can i do in this case ? I have to re-design all the interface for IOS 11 and have 2 separate apps build or there is any code to be changed to update that ?

Thanks .

Tried one of my iOS apps and it seems to be working as expected on an iOS11 device. Only one alignment is off (nothing serious though and probably my fault).
Are you using native controls?

[quote=351506:@Aurelian Negrea]Greetings,

I had an app written with the latest XOJO, on IOS 10 all were fine, all the forms, popups and so on, now on IOS 11 the popups look like scaled and a lot of controls are missing from the page , what can i do in this case ? I have to re-design all the interface for IOS 11 and have 2 separate apps build or there is any code to be changed to update that ?

Thanks .[/quote]
In 2017r2, we fixed a bug which caused the frameworks to ignore constraint priority. You should go through and review the constraints of anything that is behaving badly.

Note: I just did this for our XDC and the only constraints I had to adjust were the ones I specifically added, which accounted for less than 5% of them.

[quote=351511:@Greg O’Lone]In 2017r2, we fixed a bug which caused the frameworks to ignore constraint priority. You should go through and review the constraints of anything that is behaving badly.

Note: I just did this for our XDC and the only constraints I had to adjust were the ones I specifically added, which accounted for less than 5% of them.[/quote]
Hi Greg,

Well the code is a simple view with some controls on it and it is used to select some parameters in order to filter the list .

Before , this view was working propertly, now 70 % of it is cut no matter what i do .

[code]Dim us As New viPadUnitSelect
Dim cell As iOSTableCellData = Me.RowData(section, row)
us.Location = cell.Text

us.Parent = Self

'us.ShowModal(Self, ModalViewPresentationStyle.FormSheet, ModalViewTransitionStyle.CoverVertical)
us.ShowModal(Self, ModalViewPresentationStyle.FormSheet, ModalViewTransitionStyle.CrossDissolve)[/code]

This code is used in the action of the listbox . So is there something else that i can do to have back the functionality ? it`s quite annoying .

Thanks.

Yes, but you need to check the constraints of any controls on that view to make sure they’re still doing what you want.

Maybe that’s why one of my iOS apps looks terrible now. I’ll have to check this when I have a some time.

Hello Greg,

Well all the constraints are same, so all what i have on the rules are the top control + standardGap so i don`t see the issue here, now Can we have the old functionality back ? it seems that some how the bug was doing the right thing, i have no idea how it used to work but it seems that when you use it that way the whole page shrinks in order to be seen as popup window so in this case even if the page has like 30 % controls on it still the last 2 controls are missing no matter what i do .

Any other ideas are more than welcomed.

Thanks again.

My background color declare had quit working on 64bit so instead of fiddling with declares again, I just added a rectangle and moved it to the back. I set it to match the bounds of the view and then checked all my other controls. I think there was one or maybe two constraints on other controls that were wrong, everything else seemed to be correct. After making those t all lined up as before.

So I’m not really sure what exactly was wrong, but I think it had to do with the rectangle becoming parent for a bunch of the controls. I would have assumed the view being parent before would have been fine, but regardless the fix was pretty simple and I kind of lucked into it by having the declare issue.

No. The bug was that we didn’t honor priorities. That meant that you couldn’t make one constraint more important than another and the solver would drop constraints to solve the layout.

Well it seems that it is even more messed up , if before the labels were ok, now are more up and more small. than the actual input field. previous version was ok, so it could be great if we could have like an guide to fix this mess.

Thanks .