Invisible Web Download

I am creating an archived file on the web side of things. I want to then transfer this file to the calling program. I don’t want it to appear as a download to the user, just something that is downloaded and the calling Xojo Desktop application would do with it as it will.

This is useful in downloading database and programmatic files. When I use ShowURL, it shows in the download and the user would then have to do something with it.

Any suggestions?

Avatar made me chuckle! Look at HTTPSocket (or HTTPSecureSocket). Example Projects --> Communications --> Internet --> HTTP Example will get you started. Your app will talk to the web server like it’s a web browser, ask for the file, spool and save itself.

-Brad

Thanks! That’s really me, BTW. Since I shaved, I look a bit different.

[quote=23313:@Gary McGuire]I am creating an archived file on the web side of things. I want to then transfer this file to the calling program. I don’t want it to appear as a download to the user, just something that is downloaded and the calling Xojo Desktop application would do with it as it will.

This is useful in downloading database and programmatic files. When I use ShowURL, it shows in the download and the user would then have to do something with it.

Any suggestions?[/quote]

Search the old forums in the networking section. I’m pretty sure this has been answered many times.