Introduction video says can create software for free.

Can create software for free? I don’t think so.
It’s the IDE that comes free, but the software it creates is not free!

In the video: http://youtu.be/YEOasmpgE2c?t=1m31s
The speaker says: “And you can create your own software for free”.

Now how are we suppose to do that?
This is not true… or is it?

Create is not deply

You can create all the software you want for free with Xojo. If you want to create stand-alone builds of the software (instead of just running it from within Xojo) then you can purchase a build license.

again. “Create Software” ?

I can create projects, save them and work with them.
But i can’t create software if you have no license.

A build is the same as software, or am i wrong here?

The video is nice!
But i think the combination “You can create your own Software for free” and after that “Now he is selling it to other people” is a bit misleading.

Paul. i’m refering to this in english:
http://www.techterms.com/definition/software

"Computer software is a general term that describes computer programs. Related terms such as software programs, applications, scripts, and instruction sets all fall under the category of computer software. "

Meaning that i should be able to “create” a build or a script.

Generally speaking, if I heard that something can create software, or someone creates software, they do so with the intent/ability to deploy. Saying something along the lines of “You can develop software for free and then when you are ready to deploy purchase a license.” makes things clear… You can develop software and when you want to deploy you have to purchase a license. I agree with others here, “Create software for free” is misleading to common English usage, regardless of dictionary definition.

[quote=10050:@Thomas Kaltschmidt]The video is nice!
But i think the combination “You can create your own Software for free” and after that “Now he is selling it to other people” is a bit misleading.[/quote]

spot on, it is telling people something like this:
“download, write code, create software, sell it, for free”
That’s how it sounds like. I think this is somewhat off the line.

The word create from the dictionary (2013):

Can it :
Cause to exist? (create)
Give rise to? (create)
Produce ? (create)

“it” refers to Software Created in Xojo IDE without license, eg for Free.

I don’t think it’s completely misleading, IMO it should be saying that you need the IDE as a sort of runtime module.

Adding few words will solve the FREE misleading like “Try it out. Create what you want, and when ready, you just need to acquire a build license to deploy”.

Or an asterisk : FREE*

*You will need proper licenses for building and deploying.

Think about “new” people, firstcoming newbies.

they will expect it to Create Free Software wich it can’t.

[quote=10030:@Derk Jochems]Can create software for free? I don’t think so.
It’s the IDE that comes free, but the software it creates is not free!

In the video: http://youtu.be/YEOasmpgE2c?t=1m31s
The speaker says: “And you can create your own software for free”.

Now how are we suppose to do that?
This is not true… or is it?[/quote]
This certainly could be misunderstood and therefor misleading to potential new users.

This is day one for Xojo. In time, they will work through the usual refine, extend and release cycle. This video could, and probably should, be part of that cycle.