Interactive forms (alternatives to expensive Adobe Indesign)

Hi
I’d like to build interactive forms, after a quick search on the interwebs it seems that you can only do it with Adobe Indesign wich is expensive.
Are there any cheaper alternatives ? I don’t need anything too complex, just forms to fill and basic calculations. No graphix or anything

Thanks

HTA?
Web forms?
How much interaction do you need?

I need something that can be sent as an attachment so not a website.
Normal interaction. Nothing too complex, mostly numerical fields for basic calculations.

Uh… isn’t that what most any programming language is about these days? be it desktop, mobile or web?

I doubt there is ANY thing that ONLY an Adobe product can do…

[quote=305305:@Horacio Vilches]I need something that can be sent as an attachment so not a website.
Normal interaction. Nothing too complex, mostly numerical fields for basic calculations.[/quote]
be more specific

Something like an interactive PDF that can be read by all platforms and all OS but not made with Adobe…
Maybe there is no such thing :-((

Do you mean PDF with editable fields?
Because last I knew, Adobe Indesign was for page layout for like magazines and stuff.

Edit: Seconds behind again!

You can create interactive PDF’s with MBS DynaPdf plugin

http://www.monkeybreadsoftware.de/xojo/dynapdf.shtml

You need at least the starter from what I can see

HTML and XML can do that.
If you get specific and say you need fonts, lines, gradients, fills, then you need a PDF solution even if you dont use Adobe.

dont need a fancy graphical representation, do they?

That would be the cherry on the cake, very nice but not necessary

If you need to collect data via an Xojo app, and submit the result as a PDF… look at gPDF… it is much much easier to use than other alternatives that have been mentioned.

www.rdS.com/gpdf

Does gpdf make editable forms?

not yet… [quote=305327:@Dave S]and submit the result as a PDF[/quote]