Inactivity on a View

Just checking if you ever got this to work

Anybody been able to get something like this to work? Right now what I have implemented times out even if they are working within the html viewer. So not the best solution…

Just checking in to see if anyone has been able to come up with a way to track activity within an htmlviewer so I can timeout if their is no activity?

No activity as in no scroll, or no activity as in no clicks to change page ?

No activity at all. I am wanting to timeout and return to my app if someone walks off after viewing some information I display in a htmlviewer. Right not I just have a timer set at 2 minutes that returns no matter what. Even if they are still interacting with the htmlviewer.

Using HTMLViewer extension by Jason King (download link is on the forum somewhere), you could reset the timer every time the user clicks on a link.

https://forum.xojo.com/18429-is-it-possible-to-access-the-contents-of-an-ioshtmlviewerl

Are you talking about this?

That’s the one. Using the cancelLoad event you’ll be able to reset your timer for another two minutes each time the user touches to change the page.

However this might not work with WebApps where the URL is the same whatever the page displayed.

Ok will play around with it. Thanks for the input!