ImageMagick Build Need confirmation

I have try to make a single file for distribution of ImageMagick. In my Mac working fine without problems and without installation.
But to be sure if there is NO any shared libraries can someone download the file from the link and make a test in mac?
Just unzip it in any folder and convert the file i have inside.

convert image.dds - resize 50% image.jpeg.

link

I can’t edit the first post.
i have build it with all dependencies,libraries,etc inside.
The file is command line,if for any reason the convert don’t work try this.

magick convert image.dds - resize 50% image.jpeg.

Just need confirmation if is working,if not what error you get in shell
Thank you.

better use on OSX the full path in Shell

for example /usr/bin/magick

[quote=270218:@Axel Schneider]better use on OSX the full path in Shell

for example /usr/bin/magick[/quote]
Axel have you test it if is working ?
Just need confirmation that is working :slight_smile:

For me, it doesn’t seem to do anything. It just hangs.

If you want to see what dependencies are needed, you can use ‘otool’.

So in this case, use ‘otool -L ./magick’
It reports that it uses the following libraries:

/usr/lib/libbz2.1.0.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.0.5) /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.2.5) /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1226.10.1)
Normally, you can guess by the version number if these are system libraries or not. In this case, I’m not sure about the first two so you need to figure that out.

Obviously, this doesn’t tell you if magick is build correctly, everything is included or does need extra things like configuration/settings/profiles files.

Thank you Maarco.
I have succesfull build the new one before some minutes :wink:
My results.

ioanniss-imac:/ ioannis$ otool -L /Users/ioannis/Desktop/ImageFinal/bin/convert /Users/ioannis/Desktop/ImageFinal/bin/convert: /usr/lib/libxml2.2.dylib (compatibility version 10.0.0, current version 10.9.0) /usr/lib/libz.1.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1.2.5) /usr/lib/libSystem.B.dylib (compatibility version 1.0.0, current version 1226.10.1) ioanniss-imac:/ ioannis$
Until now i have test it on two mac without installations just run from the app folder,and working just fine.
I will post the link in a few minutes after some test’s

why do you need ImageMagick on OSX?

why not just use sips to convert?

I need to convert .dds to to jpeg…
I don’t know any other solution from imageMagick…
Is there any?

http://ss64.com/osx/sips.html

present since OS X 10.4

I use sips to resize and then save in different formats - simple solution and built in to OS X.

I don’t think the sips working with .dds format i have try about 5 times with different images. No export
My command

sips -s format png /Users/ioannis/Desktop/pda.dds  --out /Users/ioannis/Desktop/pda_map.png

Is my command wrong because i don’t get any error?
Here is a link with the file i try to convert
link file

maybe your problem with magick is the space before resize, and the word magick on begin

on Linux this works

convert image.dds -resize 50% image.jpeg

I have successful make 2 new builds,tested in two mac’s without errors and without installs,just execute from the app folder.
I have make the build without sharing libs.
One build is with libraries included in the file,and the other build with libraries in folder.
Still looking if there is any error,but for now working fine.
Both can distributed.
Soon i will post the link if someone need it.