Image on Windows sliced and scrambled

I develop on Mac. I put a png in a canvas/imagewell and place it on a windows.

On Mac everything is fine.

Once compiled for windows, the image got sliced and scrambled.

Any ideas whats wrong

on Mac

on Win XP

On a brand new Haswell retina Mac Book Pro ?

no, on a new non Retina Haswell MacBook Air running Win XP in a VM on Parallels 8.

Does it count?

What version of OS X are you running on the Air ?
This one we’ve seen the results but so far have not been able to reproduce the problem

But this is still a haswell Air ?
So far we’ve only seen reports that are on has well based machines and we’ve done a lot of digging to try & figure out where things go awry but so far it’s not revealed anything useful that we can / could report to Apple

Running OS X 10.9 on Haswell MacBook Air (MacBookAir6,2) 1.7 Ghz Intel Core i7
8 gigs RAM 1600 Mhz DDR

On MacBook Air
Running from IDE on OS X picture looks alright
Running Cocoa Build picture looks ok
Running Windows Build (compiled on Macbook Air) on Windows XP running in Parallels 8 VM picture is scrambled

Checking on native Windows XP machine tomorrow

Anything else I can provide to help identifying the issue?

This is something that we’ve had another report of but not yet narrowed down (past being specific to Haswell chips on Mavericks). Can you give me the exact build number for your install of 10.9?

Build 13A603

Update: The executeable compiled for Windows on my Macbook in Mac OSX IDE shows the same sliced image even if executed on a native windows XP PC.

I will try, what happens when compiled on Windows IDE in Parallels 8 VM

[quote=47534:@Stefan Zilz]Update: The executeable compiled for Windows on my Macbook in Mac OSX IDE shows the same sliced image even if executed on a native windows XP PC.

I will try, what happens when compiled on Windows IDE in Parallels 8 VM[/quote]

It’s an issue of building for Windows from a Mac with a Haswell processor. The images in the build executable are incorrect, so running on hardware versus a VM makes no difference. I’m hoping to have more information on the problem today or tomorrow.

This is a known issue. I did some compiling for Jason Parsley so maybe ask him about this.

It seems to be the case, that it is a compiler issue.

When I load an external image on runtime and paint it in the canvas paint event, the image is correctly displayed.

If I save the embedded image from the exe file locally, the file is corrupted as well.

I entered a feedback case
(https://xojo.com/issue/30911)>]30911

and I included a test.exe with embedded an external image as well as a button to save the embedded file locally

Has anyone an idea how to replace the image in the compiled .exe file after build?

What if you compile it ON windows using Xojo there ?

When build ON Windows XP (running on Parallels 8 VM on the same MacBook Air), the image is displayed correctly.

Out of curiosity, what happens if you open an image in Preview.app and export it as a BMP?

I can’t. Preview.app offers JPEG, JPEG-2000, OpenEXR, PDF, PNG and TIFF only. All of them look fine after export.

I used GIMP 2.8.4 (NAtive Build without X11) to export a PNG to BMP. All available options such as 32Bit, 8Bit, 16Bit are exported and displayed fine

[quote=47660:@Stefan Zilz]I can’t. Preview.app offers JPEG, JPEG-2000, OpenEXR, PDF, PNG and TIFF only. All of them look fine after export.

I used GIMP 2.8.4 (NAtive Build without X11) to export a PNG to BMP. All available options such as 32Bit, 8Bit, 16Bit are exported and displayed fine[/quote]

In Preview.app, when viewing an image with no transparency, both Export and Save give me the option to save as Microsoft BMP.

The original image I use in my project is an png with alpha chanel. I used the same image for preview.app

Meanwhile I realized, that Apple is limiting the standard export formats to the above, but when using alt key, one get bmp as option as well.

BMP Export with preview.app is displayed correctly.

We are having the same exact problem, unfortunately we can’t compile from windows as we develop only in Mac.

Currently we are compiling from a remote Mac wich puts de Builds to a Dropbox shared folder, but we can’t live with this situation forever :slight_smile:

Maverticks: Builld 13A3017
Retina, 15-inch, Late 2013